HAL in Uk?

philsuarez

After experiencing our first fabulous HAL cruise from Harwich in 2015, it was very disappointing to discover no HAL cruising from UK in 2016. I really don't want to have to use air travel to join a ship elsewhere in Europe. I suspect with Ryndam leaving the fleet it left HAL short! Any idea when HAL are coming back?

After experiencing our first fabulous HAL cruise from Harwich in 2015, it was very disappointing to discover no HAL cruising from UK in 2016. I really don't want to have to use air travel to join a ship elsewhere in Europe. I suspect with Ryndam leaving the fleet it left HAL short! Any idea when HAL are coming back?

The same question was raised during our Ryndam cruise in august, and the answer from HAL was that having no cruises from the UK in 2016 would not mean that they would never come back, just not for now.

Only time will tell!

Those from the Netherlands think it great when they can join the ship in Ijmuiden. I think it fabulous when I can join a ship in Boston. Someone is going to happy about the change and someone will not.

Having both the Ryndam and Statendam moved to P&O Australia/New Zealand is leaving HAL short 2 ships for many different itineraries.

Many of us don't have any choice but to fly to embarkation ports and home from disembarkation ports. Be thankful that as someone pointed out -- you have ferries and trains.

Having both the Ryndam and Statendam moved to P&O Australia/New Zealand is leaving HAL short 2 ships for many different itineraries.

Many of us don't have any choice but to fly to embarkation ports and home from disembarkation ports. Be thankful that as someone pointed out -- you have ferries and trains.

I used to live in So. Calif. and went on several Mexican Riviera cruises, mostly because of the convenience of cruising out of L.A. No flying, and I could bring as much luggage as I wanted.

But now, I have retired and moved to Utah. Last time I checked there are no cruises out of Utah.:(

We're cruising from Portland Dorset on the Koningsdam in September 2016. Cruise leaves from Amsterdam but we join at first port of call (Portland). We miss 2 nights on board but it saves us having to fly to Amsterdam from the South coast of England where we will be staying at the time, just to return the next day.