NCL summer 2017?

sugarpink

We've just booked May 14th 2017 Bermuda from NYC. What a hassle I had booking from UK though as they were trying to tell me I shouldn't have been able to see the cruise as it only currently available in the US... yeah thanks for that NCL but I have to check as I know it takes an age for the UK site to be updated. Luckily the helpful PCC helped me sort it, they haven't managed to deduct my Cruise Next voucher though so don't know how I go about sorting that!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There are also stops in Kirkwall, Orkley Islands in July and August 2017 (3 stops total)

That's really interesting. Doesn't leave much time for Baltic cruises if the Star is in the Med.

We're doing the Baltics this summer and that is usually the only option in Northern Europe during school summer holidays. If those port bookings are correct then next year could have some other options for us.

Edited by KeithJenner

That's really interesting. Doesn't leave much time for Baltic cruises if the Star is in the Med.

We're doing the Baltics this summer and that is usually the only option in Northern Europe during school summer holidays. If those port bookings are correct then next year could have some other options for us.

Princess have done an Iceland cruise each summer which sells quite well - maybe NCL want a piece of that pie?

may be stalking you again next year!

Lyn

According to a uk travel site..spirit is doing the med spring 2017 and epic is doing carribean?? I hope not as I wanted a studio cabin for feb 2017 in the med..

The site is correct. Itineraries are already announced up to the Spring and the Epic is sailing from Miami then. That was all confirmed back in August.

I assume it will then be returning as usual in April for the summer season, but that's the bit we're waiting for.

I'm still wondering about the validity of the information regarding the Jade going to Kirkwall, Scotland 3X's in 2017, but we'll soon know... I hope. :eek:

We're booked on the last cruise in the Caribbean, before her TA, AFAIK anyway.

This is the PDF from the port. It has TBA for all 3 stops of the Jade, July 26th 2017 is the first stop.

http://www.orkneyharbours.com/staff/upload/CruiseLinerWebVersion2017.pdf

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I'm still wondering about the validity of the information regarding the Jade going to Kirkwall, Scotland 3X's in 2017, but we'll soon know... I hope. :eek:

We're booked on the last cruise in the Caribbean, before her TA, AFAIK anyway.

This is the PDF from the port. It has TBA for all 3 stops of the Jade, July 26th 2017 is the first stop.

http://www.orkneyharbours.com/staff/upload/CruiseLinerWebVersion2017.pdf

It is very possible that these were provisional bookings and things have changed, but it seems to show that NCL or their agents went as far as booking them for the Jade, rather than the Star.

The logical conclusion would be that there is a very good chance that the Jade may be taking over from the Star in the north. Given the fact that the Star will be coming from Asia, there would be some logic to that decision.

However, the other website mentioned above suggests otherwise.

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the Europe 2017 cruises much more now than I was a few days ago. I assumed out choice for Summer 2017 would be cruises we'd already done before, a different line or a non cruise. The possibility of doing some new ports on the Jade (a ship I really like) is very appealing, especially after we will have done a load of new ports earlier in the year on the Spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for October 2017 to the carribean to show up- has anyone heard anything about that? I'm eyeing up a cruise on Carnival for the last part of our honeymoon which has a great itinerary, but my partner would like to go on the Escape so I promised I'd wait for the NCL itineraries to compare. Patience is not a thing I'm graced with though, so unless they come out soon I'll probably go ahead and book that carnival one so I don't miss out on the cabin I want :D Have to assume that NCL don't want my money if they don't release soon...

Just hoping they get their act in gear before the London Cruise Show at the end of February as we were planning on booking our spring 2017 cruise then. Mind you, the single Eastern Med cruise already released for April 2017 is very reasonably priced and going to locations we're interested in. So it might be that anyway.

I've been following this thread and just checked out the link "provided" above. But I'm confused...an earlier posting said the Jade was scheduled to be in Kirkwall, Iceland, etc, but the itineraries I'm seeing show the Jade in the Med?

Do we know which of these is accurate?

Also, do we know for sure which ships NCL will deploy to Europe for Summer 2017? I think I'm seeing Jade, Spirit, Star, and Epic?

Thanks so much!

We don't know what is accurate. I can only say what I did earlier in this thread which is that it looks as though someone has gone as far as making preliminary bookings in the North for the Jade.

I don't know where the website quoted has got their info from, but it seems odd that they have this but nobody else does. I'll take it all with a pinch of salt.

Perhaps the reason why NCL are so late publishing the itineraries is because they are still being finalised. Having made a mess of the winter ones, they may be being a bit cautious this time.