Off on the Golden Princess today will attempt a live from .. .

I'm off cruising on the Golden Princess today, that's if I ever get my act together and finish packing. Not very motivated at moment. Dunno why.

I will have internet coverage most of the time using my own provider and Princess free minutes.

Feel free to ask any questions you might want to know about the ship. And I can either find out , hunt it down or ask.

This is the itinerary I will be taking. It will be a full ship as they were paying people (move over offers generous ones) to get off the ship.

There is allocated boarding time. Mine is 2 pm. I do have preferred checkin but since I'm so slow to pack today and get myself together then 2 pm will probably work out fine. :D

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Sun Jan 3 Melbourne, Australia 4:00pm

Mon Jan 4 Wineglass Bay, Tasmania, Australia (Scenic Cruising) 1:00pm 5:00pm

Tue Jan 5 Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia 7:00am 5:00pm

Tue Jan 5 Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 9:00pm

Wed Jan 6 Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 5:00pm

Thu Jan 7 At Sea

Fri Jan 8 Adelaide, Australia 9:00am 8:00pm

Sat Jan 9 At Sea

Sun Jan 10 Melbourne, Australia 7:00am

Looking forward to is Sarah, have a great cruise.

Tassie is our go to cruise, great when trying a new ship or line to do an itinerary we know we will love, plus we just love Tassie, nd Mrs Gut gets treated a bit like Royalty at Port Arthur.

Just saw your ship departs at 4.00pm, so as it is an absolutely lovely day here in Melbourne, and I am sitting at home not doing much, I might just grab Mrs Fletch and head down to Station Pier and see you off.

We live only 5 kilometres from the dock. If you see a lunatic waving from the shore....it will be me!!!!!

Allen board. Just attended muster and departing now. It's very windy. So might be a bit rocky going through the heads.

Lots of first time cruisers on board. Passenger service desk said more last cruise so good for princess that they are attracting coffee cards no problems all delivered within five minutes.

Sail away party about to start.

HI Sarah

A few questions about the ship which you may be able to answer in the next few days:

1. Is the happy hour still on from 16.00 to 18.00 in one bar (on the Diamond Princess last year this was the bar closest to the restaurant)

2. Any idea how is Anytime Dining working on this ship (it was great on Diamond, but it was mainly because they have 4 smaller dining rooms - rather than 2 large ones - with a lot of tables for 2 near the dividing walls)

3.What do you think about the quality of drinks/ cocktails - i.e. a fair quality or watered down?

4. What are the current price range for drinks (I've heard the prices are going up all the time)?

Thanks

Im on anytime dining. I went about 6 pm no waiting. However when I came out from dinner at 7.30 pm there was a long line of people waiting.

I had a gin and tonic. It wasn't watered down it cost me $9.00. What I did think was pricey was the wines. I had a bottle of nz resling and it was the cheapest one at $29.00.

Im on anytime dining. I went about 6 pm no waiting. However when I came out from dinner at 7.30 pm there was a long line of people waiting.

I had a gin and tonic. It wasn't watered down it cost me $9.00. What I did think was pricey was the wines. I had a bottle of nz resling and it was the cheapest one at $29.00.

Off to a great start Sarah....a G&T and a bottle of Riesling and you have only been on board for 4 hours. I would be asleep by now if that was me!

enjoy and if you see Martin the photographer he is a ripper guy and takes awesome photos specially formal night he does the black background

I'll second that :) Martin is a hoot both he and Christian are great fun, might have to head down to the port in Adelaide to see what on earth they could possibly dress up as for South Australia? :rolleyes:

Have fun Sarah and we will look forward to hearing your thoughts on the cruise.

CJ

I'll second that :) Martin is a hoot both he and Christian are great fun, might have to head down to the port in Adelaide to see what on earth they could possibly dress up as for South Australia? :rolleyes:

Have fun Sarah and we will look forward to hearing your thoughts on the cruise.

CJ

yeah agree fully they get dressed u the ports and look like they have fun doing it , was lucky to get a good shot at Akaroa as i had to rush for my dolphin tour they didn't want us to stop for photos but i mad sure i did i got that photo to take home plus a formal one he took it was the best out of all photos of me

and say Hi to Martin from us [ his fans ] please :) Sarah thanks in advance

Edited by Hawka