Off on the Golden Princess today will attempt a live from .. .

Would like to hear how the tendering goes. Have they started to get it running smoothly? It seems to be a mixed bag going on comments from the last few cruises, long lines and delays on return was the problem we faced.

Hi Sarah

Great reading about your cruise. My Sister in law is going on the ship next year and has been told that late dining is 8.15. Is this correct. Others have told us that it is 7.45. Would you mind finding out for us.

Thanks,

Janet

Hi Sarah

Great reading about your cruise. My Sister in law is going on the ship next year and has been told that late dining is 8.15. Is this correct. Others have told us that it is 7.45. Would you mind finding out for us.

Thanks,

Janet

It's 7.45 pm

RE Formal night - does Princess crowd still take care to dress up for the formal night - or is becoming only for the minority? And how casual the formal night dress is becoming in the dining room?

(I assume there is no comparison with the generally casual attire on formal nights on RCCL in the Pacific).

RE Formal night - does Princess crowd still take care to dress up for the formal night - or is becoming only for the minority? And how casual the formal night dress is becoming in the dining room?

(I assume there is no comparison with the generally casual attire on formal nights on RCCL in the Pacific).

Last night was formal night. Plenty of people were dressed up that I saw in the main dining room.

Have left port Arthur. Will arrive in Hobart at 9 pm. We are crawling along. I swear I could row faster.

Our last cruise had 5 formal nights, I guess about 5% not dressed suit of some sort, 10-15% Tuxes the rest Suit and tie, mainly dark suit but maybe 10% light suit and tie.

Women about the same % most what they'd wear as a professional in an office, now I guess technically those in pants suits weren't dressed strictly to code via the Princess site.

when i was in mdr all there were dressed up you can wear nice slacks etc i didnt know that when i booked and got a dress i ended up with 2 dresses and took them both

I'm on any time dining so different waiters. I cant remember their names.

ah ok if you have breaky in Donatello's may see daniel from serbia he was one of mine at mdr i was in and at horizons for breaky you may see Phinyo form Thailand both of them are great, i did think of doing any time but decided i would do set time maybe next time i will try anytime do they have same menus do you know to the mdr?? i think some put out the menu for the night after lunch not sure if donatello's was a anytime or a mdr ?? for dinner

Edited by Hawka

Thanks for doing a "live from". I will be onboard next month!

I have a question: Is there a breakfast buffet in the MDR? They had it on RCI, but this is my first time on Princess.