Galapagos discount for Elite Plus gone altogether ?

downundermatt

As Elite plus members we were looking forward to the 10% discount Celebrity previously listed as a perk, and were ready to book either the 7 day cruise of the 11 day add in.

I see on Cruise Critic, Celebrity say this was a promotion and the discount has been reduced to 5%.

The Celebrity Website mentions no discount at all under Elite benefits.

I contacted Celebrity Australia who had no idea, after a few days checking they advise the discount is no longer available.

The Australian office are not so clear in their answers - I know the Call centre is overseas, don't know who responds to my social media (Facebook) message to them.

Has anyone been able to obtain the Elite Plus discount on a Galapagos Cruise recently ?

And if so does the discount apply to the Cruise only, or the 11 day package, which includes ground content ?

Apologies if this was covered before - must say I am disappointed and flabbergasted Celebrity can remove a discount clearly listed as a Elite Plus benefit previously.

They have eliminated many things that were on the benefit list....almost all without any announcement or acknowledgement even to those directly effected. It's one of celebrity's charms showing how much they care about their most loyal customers

Our friends who were already elite plus got a 10% discount when we booked 2.5 years ago. When we got to elite status, the percentage was decreased to 5%. It was for the cruise portion only.

Didn't know they did away with the 5% as well.

You are entitled to 1 complimentary massage pp as elite or elite plus. Also elite plus received 1 bag of laundry free.

I am elite and booked about 2 years ago, but to get the 5% discount once I booked I had to talk to the person at the Galapagos desk at Celebrity who then adjusted the price and gave me a lot of information about that specific cruise. The 5% only applied to the cruise portion, so was only worth a few hundred dollars, but it's an expensive cruise so every bit helps.

I suggest calling Celebrity and asking for the Galapagos desk. I find it is such a unique cruise most of the Celebrity reps don't have a lot of information about it.

Sometimes the discounts and added 'extras' seem to be good enticements to book, if the fare is what is enticing the rest are perks which really will not break or make the sailing for us. IMHO

When we see at % off which is beyond 10%, then that means we need to jump on it right away because it can be withdrawn at any time... if we book and it is gone, then we understand that we gambled and lost the max as it were ....

bon voyage...

You are entitled to 1 complimentary massage pp as elite or elite plus. Also elite plus received 1 bag of laundry free.

1 bag of laundry for Elite and bags for Elite +. Which is very nice.

But no such thing as a free massage. But it would be lovely.....:)

The massage was for and both Elite and Elite+. My wife used both half hours in November. She said it was very nice.

The laundry was only for elite plus and higher.

Elite and above were offered the free 30 minute massage. If your traveling companion didn't use their 30 minute massage, then 1 person could get a 60 minute one.

The benefits for Captains Club were completely change a couple years ago. Also the on board program from the Galapagos is not the same as the other ships. Galapagos trips are all inclusive and include transfers etc.

The laundry was only for elite plus and higher.

Elite and above were offered the free 30 minute massage. If your traveling companion didn't use their 30 minute massage, then 1 person could get a 60 minute one.

Strange? When was that, what ship?? No massage is included in any of the different loyalty levels.... Have checked X web site to be sure.

The laundry perk for Elite was there before they introduced Elite+, find it very strange that Elite wouldn't get their one bag of laundry?

Strange? When was that, what ship?? No massage is included in any of the different loyalty levels.... Have checked X web site to be sure.

The laundry perk for Elite was there before they introduced Elite+, find it very strange that Elite wouldn't get their one bag of laundry?

Note the first footnote on the Captain's Club Benefits pages is:

*Benefits are exclusive to sailings on Celebrity Cruises (excluding Celebrity Xpedition®) and are subject to change without notice...

Xpedition has whatever they offer onboard. When we did Xpedition we did get free massages as Elites (we are Elite +, but this is before that level existed). The only place I ever saw it listed was in the notice we got on-board Xpedition. I've never gotten a free massage on any other X cruise. This was some years ago, so useful only as a previous data point.

Thom