Price drops

I am new to RC, can someone tell me if they give price adjustments after purchasing a cruise?

Yes, until final payment date, if you book under US/Canadian rules.

Edited by clarea

Is there a separate web site to search for prices, or do I have to search my cruise on RC site each time?

Thanks for your reply!

You can only get a price drop if the cruise line offers a lower price than you paid. It doesn't count if you can find a travel agency that does. It also has to be before final payment.

What happened to my wife and I last time we seen where our cruise price had been lowered. And we were paid in full, is the difference they gave us back in ship board credit.

Now we were cruising with friends, that we're going to stay in a inside state room. What they ended up with, was no cash back however they were able to get a guaranteed balcony room, for what they were paying for there inside stateroom. Yet you need to be looking on the web site of the cruise line, they don't care if some other web site has some kind of deal!

Now this all happened on a Carnival Cruise.

What happened to my wife and I last time we seen where our cruise price had been lowered. And we were paid in full, is the difference they gave us back in ship board credit.

Now we were cruising with friends, that we're going to stay in a inside state room. What they ended up with, was no cash back however they were able to get a guaranteed balcony room, for what they were paying for there inside stateroom. Yet you need to be looking on the web site of the cruise line, they don't care if some other web site has some kind of deal!

Now this all happened on a Carnival Cruise.

Royal has different rules than Carnival for price drops.

So to be clear, RC gives cash back (credit card) until the final payment is due. After that due date you are SOL if the price goes down again? Do they ever offer upgrades to better cabins or on board credits?

No on board credits beyond final payment date. However, you can (usually) upgrade to a higher category stateroom for no extra cost if the price of the better stateroom has come down below what you have already paid. I say (usually) because sometimes they limit special prices to new bookings.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the feedback! I only have experience with Carnivals price drops.

So, I will have to keep checking RC web site for price drops on MY cabin AND to see if other cabins have dropped below mine?

Carnival has a specific web site that provides price changes and upgrade info while you wait for your cruise. Just wondered how RC does it.

Thanks for the feedback! I only have experience with Carnivals price drops.

So, I will have to keep checking RC web site for price drops on MY cabin AND to see if other cabins have dropped below mine?

Carnival has a specific web site that provides price changes and upgrade info while you wait for your cruise. Just wondered how RC does it.

Yes, you will have to keep checking the website to monitor prices. Royal does not make it easy to check for price drops.

Does anyone know what the policy is for UK?

Most reports that I have read are no price drops. They are much more restrictive in their policies.

Actually I believe that you can get a price drop but it has to be large enough that it offer sets the cancellation penalty.

Edited by Ourusualbeach