Cruising into Vancouver, flying from Seattle

rstackjd

Greetings

We are cruising up the PC from LA to Vancouver in May. We have two options for getting home - (1) From Vancouver (LONG travel day, at least one stop, more expense) or (2) From Seattle - a little cheaper, can get a non-stop flight.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from the cruise port in Vancouver to the airport in Seattle? If we schedule a 3:00 PM flight (so need to get to airport by say 1:30) is that even doable?

If we have to pay for a hotel in Seattle that offsets the higher airfare plus we need a rental car or other ground transport, eating up any savings, and we still get home the next day so there's no time savings then either. So the only reason to fly out of Seattle is if we can actually get to the airport in time on debarkation day.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Drive time?

About 4 hours.

That's assuming no accidents and that you breeze across the border (which could be a 10 minute wait or a 2 hour wait)

Ok thanks! That ends the idea of flying out from Seattle same day -

Follow-up - any idea how long it takes to get from the cruise port to the Vancouver airport - via shuttle or taxi.

Thanks again!

Is there any way you would consider staying in one of these fabulous cities post-cruise, or do you have to get home right away? Both are phenomenal - you would have a great time. :) I know it is more expensive (hotel, transportation, meals, etc.) but it would be a little vacation after your vacation. :D

Is there any way you would consider staying in one of these fabulous cities post-cruise, or do you have to get home right away? Both are phenomenal - you would have a great time. :) I know it is more expensive (hotel, transportation, meals, etc.) but it would be a little vacation after your vacation. :D

Time constraints are such that any stay overnight would be literally for travel purposes. We are having a short hotel stay in LA before the cruise, but really visiting those cities will have to wait for another day.

Ok thanks! That ends the idea of flying out from Seattle same day -

Follow-up - any idea how long it takes to get from the cruise port to the Vancouver airport - via shuttle or taxi.

Thanks again!

30 minutes max

I'm sure you already have this covered but as a gentle reminder,, a passport book is required to fly from Vancouver back to the US.

Greetings

We are cruising up the PC from LA to Vancouver in May. We have two options for getting home - (1) From Vancouver (LONG travel day, at least one stop, more expense) or (2) From Seattle - a little cheaper, can get a non-stop flight.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from the cruise port in Vancouver to the airport in Seattle? If we schedule a 3:00 PM flight (so need to get to airport by say 1:30) is that even doable?

If we have to pay for a hotel in Seattle that offsets the higher airfare plus we need a rental car or other ground transport, eating up any savings, and we still get home the next day so there's no time savings then either. So the only reason to fly out of Seattle is if we can actually get to the airport in time on debarkation day.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

We always drive from Vancouver back to Seattle via Hertz rental car. Cost in May 2015 was $152 USD. Lots of taxis available to take you to the YVR airport. Taxi time from the Vancouver Cruise Terminal to the airport car rental location was 25 minutes. Drive time to the SEATAC airport was 4 hours which included a stop for lunch. So plenty of time to get to the Seattle Airport for your flight.

FWIW if you stay an extra day or two in Seattle your fare should be cheaper on Southwest which covers the extra days in Seattle. If you choose this option, trade in your Canada-rented car in Seattle for a cheaper one. (Enterprise @ $40/day).

Edited by Crew News

I've taken Quick Shuttle from Vancouver to Seattle 4-5 times. By the time we get to SeaTac, all the SW back to TN have left, so I book an early morning flight for the next day, and stay at the Doubletree or Hampton Inn near the airport. Hotels there are much less expensive than downtown. If you want to go downtown, rather than rent a car, take the light rail. The Airport Hilton has a covered skyway that will take you to the station.

Roz

I think four hours is a good estimate with sufficient pad time for potential problems. So, to be at the airport by 1 PM you'd want to be on the road no later than 8 AM (adding some time for coffee/bathroom stop/s along the way). That's not absurdly early, although you might have to self-disembark.

FWIW if you stay an extra day or two in Seattle your fare should be cheaper on Southwest which covers the extra days in Seattle.

This certainly is not always true. Southwest will not consistently be the cheapest carrier. SEA is my home airport, and only one time in the last five years has Southwest been cheaper for where I wanted to fly.

Thanks everyone. Just thought I would follow-up. Got a great fare on American from Vancouver on debarkation day. Although it's more expensive than Seattle, the total for the two of us is less than it would have been from Seattle if hotel and ground transportation is factored in. Must have been living right becasue all the other flights I found from Vancouver were 50% to 100% more than this one flight!

:D

..Just thought I would follow-up. Got a great fare on American from Vancouver on debarkation day....

Sounds great!

What time does your flight leave? We have U.S. pre-clearance here in Vancouver, so your flight will be treated as a domestic flight when you land - so much easier!

Sounds great!

What time does your flight leave? We have U.S. pre-clearance here in Vancouver, so your flight will be treated as a domestic flight when you land - so much easier!

it's a 1:00 flight, so should have plenty of time to get to the airport and get checked in and to the gate.

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi we are spending two days after our cruise in Vancouver and flying out of SEA on a 4:45 flight. We are taking "Quick Shuttle" that leave downtown hotel;seat 6:00 AM and 9:00 AM and arrives at SEA at 11:00 AM or 2:00 PM. Quickcoach.com Good Luck!

Bob

Hi we are spending two days after our cruise in Vancouver and flying out of SEA on a 4:45 flight. We are taking "Quick Shuttle" that leave downtown hotel;seat 6:00 AM and 9:00 AM and arrives at SEA at 11:00 AM or 2:00 PM. Quickcoach.com Good Luck!

Bob

I took the Quick couch from Seattle to Vancouver and it was anything but quick . It took forever so I would suggest taking the earliest trip so you do not miss your flight .