Celebrity Ship Location Decision-Reflection

emsachs

Hi all, getting ready to book Celebrity for Europe (Sept).

Haven't cruised in a while and this is our 1st with Celebrity.

I'm a little overwhelmed by the multitude of classes and cabins on Reflection and could use some help please.....

We are deciding between C1 back aft (1694?), C1 aft hump or mid hump, sunset verandah or possibly A1-2, or even just a regular veranda.

Too many choices...seems like used to be easier.

Have always wanted to do full aft view, but hearing about "soot" would ruin it for DW. Is this still a problem? Wouldn't want to chance it as would never hear the end of it.

Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome and appreciated.

Looking to book tomorrow.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Soot is a very very minor issue. Only had a tiny bit on our last 14 day cruise. As to the other choices IMO is a personal preference. Really not much difference except for a few cabins with balconies a bit larger. If close to the same $$ go for the aft cabin.

Since you are unfamiliar with the Reflection, I suggest you take into consideration the walking distance from those aft staterooms to the elevators and stairs. The 2 sets of elevators and stairs are midship and foward.

If it was my decision I would book an A1 for location. The C1 rooms are the same size as the other verandahs. Some balconies on the slant of the hump area are larger than others. Hope this information helps you in making your decision.

Since you are unfamiliar with the Reflection, I suggest you take into consideration the walking distance from those aft staterooms to the elevators and stairs. The 2 sets of elevators and stairs are midship and foward.

If it was my decision I would book an A1 for location. The C1 rooms are the same size as the other verandahs. Some balconies on the slant of the hump area are larger than others. Hope this information helps you in making your decision.

The regular veranda cabins, Conciegre cabins & Aqua cabins are all alike in size and decor. The differences are in location and some amenities. Conciegre has some amenities that for many are not much more than Marketing hype- pillow menu, daily canapés (if you are in the cabin) not very good IMHO, fresh fruit, a bottle of inexpensive sparkling wine and footstools on the veranda.

Aqua cabins give you the amenities of Conciegre plus access to the Persian Garden and your dining room is Blu, a smaller dining room which most prefer because of the quieter atmosphere and different menu. Aqua cabins also have a jetted shower which DH loves.

As someone mentioned the aft cabins are a long walk from any elevators or stairs so not a good choice for anyone with limited mobility. We have stayed in the aft cabins and have had soot on the balcony about 1/4 of the time the cabin Stewart will wipe the chairs & table.

Since you are unfamiliar with the Reflection, I suggest you take into consideration the walking distance from those aft staterooms to the elevators and stairs.

We enjoyed the walk, great exercise to walk off "certain" foods. ;)

Edited by Texed

Actually if you look at a diagram they are not midship. The ship is broken into thirds, the rear elevators are at the 2nd third of the ship.

We always choose aft cabins if we can. If it's in your budget, get a corner aft S1 which is a mini suite.

THAT has a lot of benefits, including a couple of free specialty restaurant dinners, access to Michael's Club (with free drinks and special activities, free tours etc), and a butler. The biggest bonus, besides the great big room and great aft view, is Luminae which is your special restaurant. We didn't even want the specialty restaurants after we had Luminae. The perks between the regular verandah cabins and concierge are negligible. The difference between those and Aqua aren't much either EXCEPT for the dedicated restaurant which most of us believe is steps above the main dining room.

A regular cabin is the same size and basic configuration no matter where on the ship you get it. If we get a regular cabin we go for the Aqua Class because we like their restaurant Blu. We prefer to not eat in the main dining room but that's just us.

Our first cabin on our first Celebrity ship (our first cruise) was a concierge cabin about 10 cabins from the back. We loved it. We found a price increase on our third cruise that made the sky suite a crazy low price, something like $150 a person more than our verandah cabin. We switched as soon as we saw it. Noticed the price was down only for a day. So we lucked out. Well, maybe not -- because now we always want a suite!

Enjoy your cruise, no matter what cabin you choose.

Thanks everyone for your replies, well appreciated. Doesn't really seem like we can go wrong with anywhere we choose. In the end, looks like we will book a 1B on the hump deck 9 and save some $$.

Again, thanks everyone for your help!!