New to RSSC

cruiselvr1

Maybe someone has a picture that they will post of balcony furniture. I know that they are not wood as most cruise has have done away with real wood due to the fire hazard (which IMO is a shame because the older ships with real wood interiors is so beautiful). Whatever they have is quite comfortable.

While I am not sure which ship you are looking at, here is a link to the Voyager suites http://www.rssc.com/ships/seven_seas_voyager/suites/default.aspx#Content -- You can get a relative good look at the furniture. All three (soon to be four) ships have similar furniture but the suite sizes vary.

IMO, the differences between Regent and non-luxury cruise lines have more to do with service, food, ship size, suite size, all-inclusivity, etc. rather than furniture. I have noticed that as Regent ships are refurbished, in order to comply with safety requirements, most wood is being replaced with simulated wood.

Edited by Travelcat2

Maybe someone has a picture that they will post of balcony furniture. I know that they are not wood as most cruise has have done away with real wood due to the fire hazard (which IMO is a shame because the older ships with real wood interiors is so beautiful). Whatever they have is quite comfortable.

While I am not sure which ship you are looking at, here is a link to the Voyager suites http://www.rssc.com/ships/seven_seas_voyager/suites/default.aspx#Content -- You can get a relative good look at the furniture. All three (soon to be four) ships have similar furniture but the suite sizes vary.

IMO, the differences between Regent and non-luxury cruise lines have more to do with service, food, ship size, suite size, all-inclusivity, etc. rather than furniture. I have noticed that as Regent ships are refurbished, in order to comply with safety requirements, most wood is being replaced with simulated wood.

I think we were looking at the Mariner on deck plans.com.