Same Sex Sauna/Steam

boatfun58

Want to try Norwegian Cruise line but want to be sure the sauna/steam room is same-sex only. My idea of a great sauna is NOT wearing swimwear. It's just not the same and would not consider going on a ship that has co-ed sauna. Thank you!

Welcome to Cruise Critic boatfun58. As suggested you might find if specific NCL ships have same gender saunas on the NCL board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

If this is a deal breaker for you, your choices will be very limited. Since real estate is precious on a ship most have co-ed, swimsuit required, saunas. Some newer and larger ships may have private facilities that allow one to enjoy a sauna au nautural.

Want to try Norwegian Cruise line but want to be sure the sauna/steam room is same-sex only. My idea of a great sauna is NOT wearing swimwear. It's just not the same and would not consider going on a ship that has co-ed sauna. Thank you!

saunas require swimwear no matter what

Welcome to Cruise Critic boatfun58. As suggested you might find if specific NCL ships have same gender saunas on the NCL board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

If this is a deal breaker for you, your choices will be very limited. Since real estate is precious on a ship most have co-ed, swimsuit required, saunas. Some newer and larger ships may have private facilities that allow one to enjoy a sauna au nautural.

Nearly every ship I've been on had same sex facilities-usually located in the locker rooms. OP ask on the NC board or just check out the deck plan of your ship. And of course clothing (or lack thereof) is your preference just as it is on land.

I was on the Norwegian Epic. They have a separate sauna in the locker room. With a stunning view of the ocean. I do not remember if there was a steam room too.

It's always a discussion whether to wear a swimsuit or not. The European have a different view on that topic than the Americans. But I saw both. And only one woman left a bit offended when a man entered the mixed sauna unclothed.

The Escape is co-ed.