drink of the day not discounted on Princess?

kac0426

I recently went on my first Princess cruise, and I was surprised to find that the drink of the day is not discounted in any way - it's the exact same price as any other day. On other cruise lines, the drink of the day is usually a couple of dollars cheaper than normal. What's the point of having a drink of the day if it's not discounted? Just to highlight a particular drink?

I recently went on my first Princess cruise, and I was surprised to find that the drink of the day is not discounted in any way - it's the exact same price as any other day. On other cruise lines, the drink of the day is usually a couple of dollars cheaper than normal. What's the point of having a drink of the day if it's not discounted? Just to highlight a particular drink?

Its never been discounted. :mad:

I think the drink of the day as just an ad to get people to buy more drinks. It's to entice people to try something new. It would be great if Princess offered the drink of the day at a special price like some other cruise lines do.

But then there's the buy one, get one for $1... in my opinion, this is much better.

When does this happen please and does it apply to cocktails, wines etc? We leave on the Golden in 2 weeks and have not purchased a drink package, just the coffee cards and shall take our own wine and pay the $15 corkage on each bottle. What a great site this is with all you seasoned cruisers giving your much appreciated advice. Many thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When does this happen please and does it apply to cocktails, wines etc? We leave on the Golden in 2 weeks and have not purchased a drink package, just the coffee cards and shall take our own wine and pay the $15 corkage on each bottle. What a great site this is with all you seasoned cruisers giving your much appreciated advice. Many thanks.

The BYGO if there is one is listed in the Patter.

The last time I saw the discounted drink of the day was on the Diamond during an Alaska 2 week cruise in June 2013. The funny thing about the discounted drink was that is was advertised in the Patter, but no one in the bar(s) was aware of the discount and in some cases what the drink was. But it all worked out, I would carry the Patter with me during my happy hour(s) and it all worked out.

It might be different on the Golden in Australia. The buy one, get one for a dollar offer is typically from 3:00 to 4:00 and is in the Wheelhouse Bar on many ships and from 11:00 to 12:00 in Skywalker's on many ships. On our recent cruise on the Pacific the evening offering was from 9:00 to 10:00, a more reasonable time. The Wheelhouse Bar can be totally jammed for the 3:00 to 4:00 event [emoji33][emoji33] It is two of the same drink and includes cocktails, glasses of wine and beer. I was able to take an unopened beer back to the cabin and you could easily take a glass of wine back to your cabin. I don't know if you could get the same offer on bottles of wine.

Wrong. It used to be. But maybe 20 years ago
Our first Princess cruise wasn't until 2004 so the discounted drink of the day was still being offered then. That was also when they offered as many as three sizes of cocktails. It was probably eight or so years ago when they were last offered.

Its never been discounted. :mad:

Quote:

Our first Princess cruise wasn't until 2004 so the discounted drink of the day was still being offered then. That was also when they offered as many as three sizes of cocktails. It was probably eight or so years ago when they were last offered.

Should have rephrased, we have never seen a discount on the drink of the day. :cool:

Edited by Colo Cruiser