Shrimp cocktail mdr

Shrimp cocktail is my favourite app, but I find it's hit/miss in the MDR - sometimes decent, but sometimes small & limp. I don't order it anymore.

The chrimp cocktail in Chops has always been fantastic for me - huge, cold, firm- still not enough to justify the insane upcharge for that restaurant now... sadly.

Does Giovanni's offer shrimp cocktail? Plan to eat there on Adventure in a few month. Yes they were exceptional at Chops and you are right Toddcan about the cost to dine there now. My wife and I had a free dinner there so that's the only reason we dined there. Our dinner was very good though.

Edited by Sky616

Last month while on IOS 5 day, shrimp cocktail was only offered twice in the MDR. Booking the Oasis, and wondering if this is fleet wide or just another cut back on the shorter cruises?

Hello - There has been a fleet wide reduction in shrimp cocktail offering over the past two years.

RC implemented a number of "cost saving" dining changes over the years - examples: ( reduced food options, portions, quality, no flowers on tables, reduced ice or fruit carving displays, staffing, late night buffets, etc......)

We still enjoy our MDR experience, but it will continue to change depending on the market. IMO it has become less special.

On an Enchantment cruise in November, shrimp cocktail was not on the menu the first night. When questioned, our server told us it was only available on one night. However, each of the remaining three nights when we arrived at dinner she would bring each of us a shrimp cocktail without us asking.

On Vision last month it was only on the menu a few of the nights. I can't eat it (allergy) and DH doesn't like it so it doesn't bother us, but the friends we were traveling with and the rest of our table mates ordered it everytime it was on the menu.

It's not the big cocktail shrimp anymore? 😭

Well, I guess you could call them cocktail shrimp. They are about the size of those shrimp you get in those shrimp "trays" all arranged in a circle from the supermarket (maybe a tad smaller). They are usually kind of wet and often a little limp. Not my idea of a great shrimp cocktail. The shrimp cocktail in Chops is far superior IMHO !!:)

i have found in my experience that even though it is not offered everyday that you can inquire as to whether they have it and they usually oblige with no problem. last cruise i got it every single night. after the first two nights my very kind waiter brought it without my asking. :)