Best Time/Location to talk to maitre'd after boarding?

mamaboss

I would like to talk to the maitre'd upon boarding and ask for a table closer to the door. Not even sure if it's possible. We wheel our mom around on a cruise and it would be so much better not to have to deal with steps and disturbing tables already enjoying dinner trying to get to our table. Seems we always have a table in the far back. I know seating is already set and we don't wish to put anyone else out by trying to change our table (assuming we are placed in back as we generally are). Has anyone had experience with this? We are a party of 4 and that's what we request in the personalizer but will sit at any table closer to the door. TIA:)

I would like to talk to the maitre'd upon boarding and ask for a table closer to the door. Not even sure if it's possible. We wheel our mom around on a cruise and it would be so much better not to have to deal with steps and disturbing tables already enjoying dinner trying to get to our table. Seems we always have a table in the far back. I know seating is already set and we don't wish to put anyone else out by trying to change our table (assuming we are placed in back as we generally are). Has anyone had experience with this? We are a party of 4 and that's what we request in the personalizer but will sit at any table closer to the door. TIA:)

The MD will have a meet time listed in the embarkation day Patter.

Usually in one of the DR's between 2p -3:30p.

He can deal with your request. :)

Have you sent your request to the access office? They can communicate it to the ship in order to have it arranged before you board. Just note something like "Due to wheelchair use, we will need a table we can access without steps, as near the entrance as possible. A spot on an aisle would prevent having to push past other guests."

Then just check with the maitre'd to be sure that the request was received and honored.

Thank you Keith! Thats what I needed to know. I did not realize it was in the patter. Last year I ask the service desk upon boarding and they told me a time and place but I could not catch him.

Moki- very good idea and I will do this also. I had to send in a form because she has her own wheelchair to acess dept about a week ago and recieved an email last night confirming they recieved it. I never knew this dept even existed till that form popped up. Must be new because we never had to do it before. They have their contact info on the email. Thank you for the suggestion!

Our first stop after boarding is to find our table, if we want to make a change we find the head waiter and make a request before we leave. We have made lots of table changes and have always found the staff to be extremely helpful.. Sometimes you are given a new table on the spot and sometime it takes effect on day 2 .happy cruising

Our first stop after boarding is to find our table, if we want to make a change we find the head waiter and make a request before we leave. We have made lots of table changes and have always found the staff to be extremely helpful.. Sometimes you are given a new table on the spot and sometime it takes effect on day 2 .happy cruising

Thank you, good to know it is at least a possibility!

My friend was in a wheelchair on my last cruise. We were initially seated above a step, but were moved upon request. The dining staff always pushed the wheelchair and tucked it out of the way, so it never disturbed other diners.

My friend was in a wheelchair on my last cruise. We were initially seated above a step, but were moved upon request. The dining staff always pushed the wheelchair and tucked it out of the way, so it never disturbed other diners.

Good to know. The staff are very accommodating with regards to the chair. We have had fellow passengers rise as we would not have gotten through. I like the back tables but just not worth the hassle. Thank you.

The MD will have a meet time listed in the embarkation day Patter.

Usually in one of the DR's between 2p -3:30p.

He can deal with your request. :)

Our last cruise he was set up on embarkation, along with all the sales people. So easy, he'd either deal with it or ask you to meet him at a certain time.

I always reserve a table near the entrance with the DR Supervisor for the cruise duration.

We are reminded that the agreed dining time is complied with, plus 15 minutes allowance. Otherwise, it is given to others.

That sounds fair enough to me. If you cannot arrive on time then you should choose anytime.

Our last cruise he was set up on embarkation, along with all the sales people. So easy, he'd either deal with it or ask you to meet him at a certain time.

Now that would be way too easy! I have emailed the access dept. Hopefully that will take care of it. If not we will just deal with what's assigned.

Hi

If you ask to see the Passenger Services Manager, they can radio the maitre d

for you, your request is the normal type they deal with all the time,

very few passengers ever go to the PSM, its there job to make sure you have

a trouble free cruise.

yours Shogun

Hi

If you ask to see the Passenger Services Manager, they can radio the maitre d

for you, your request is the normal type they deal with all the time,

very few passengers ever go to the PSM, its there job to make sure you have

a trouble free cruise.

yours Shogun

Think thats a tad extreme. Its not that hard to find the MD or a HW that can handle a request. :(

To piggy back on this discussion...we will need to talk with the MD about a dietary issue (have already sent an email through dietary), but we are not arriving to the ship until around 4pm (Alaskan Cruise out of Whittier). If we miss the time stated in the Patter is there another way to contact the MD?

To piggy back on this discussion...we will need to talk with the MD about a dietary issue (have already sent an email through dietary), but we are not arriving to the ship until around 4pm (Alaskan Cruise out of Whittier). If we miss the time stated in the Patter is there another way to contact the MD?

Depending on where (DR) the majority of your meals will be in that case it would be best to speak with the head waiter in that DR. He will be your direct contact for your required dietary issue. ;)

There are at least 3-4 of them in each DR.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

This is what we do. We have TD, so we go to the dining room (which is usually open) to check out the table. More often than not, it looks good, so we don't have to change. Lately, I've been having good luck with getting the size table I request, but that isn't always the case, unfortunately. Now, meeting the table mates has to wait until the actual dinner. (Take your entire family and get a table for 10 and table mates issue is settled! LOL.)

Hi Colo Cruiser

Passenger Services Manager is only a one or two stripe position there to help passengers, maitre d is a three stripe position so why do you think extreme even customer service s director is only two stripe

Yours Shogun

Hi Colo Cruiser

Passenger Services Manager is only a one or two stripe position there to help passengers, maitre d is a three stripe position so why do you think extreme even customer service s director is only two stripe

Yours Shogun

Because there is no need, there is always a HW/supervisor of some kind from the DR that can handle this. Be it in a DR or the HC.

I am sure passenger services have better things to do then having passengers asking him/her to hunt down a MD/HW.

Just not necessary.

If you cannot see the MD during his "office hours" early embarkation afternoon, in my experience the MD will be at the door of the main Traditional Dining Room (i.e., the aft one) at the first evening.

He (to my knowledge we don't have a female MD as yet) also circulates if it's not urgent.

But I do agree that your section HW can address any dietary concerns and other dining matters.

Edited by steelers36