If you've been on The Navigator of The Seas lately please answer.

My mother and I will be sailing on the Navigator of the Seas in March. Those accompanying us are my mother's 2 brothers and their wives. As they are getting older we are excited about meeting at the port and spending a week together. I have a few questions if anyone could answer them.

1 - Is there anywhere on the ship that you can sit to talk or read while looking out windows at the ocean?

2- Is there anywhere to go get FREE snacks, like cookies, muffins, scones, that isn't on Lido Deck?

3 - How many Coca Cola machines are there to use with the cup you get with the coke package?

4 - Is there are area to get free Hamburgers and chicken tenders that isn't in the Windjammer? I know Johnny Rocket's had great hamburgers but you have to pay there.

5 - Are the shops any good on the ship?

6- How much are the Bingo tickets?

I may get a frozen margarita a couple times, but that would be the extent of the alcohol beverages and we won't be going to any clubs. So any tips on nighttime entertainment would be great. Like is there a piano bar and music trivia?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

My mother and I will be sailing on the Navigator of the Seas in March. Those accompanying us are my mother's 2 brothers and their wives. As they are getting older we are excited about meeting at the port and spending a week together. I have a few questions if anyone could answer them.

1 - Is there anywhere on the ship that you can sit to talk or read while looking out windows at the ocean?

2- Is there anywhere to go get FREE snacks, like cookies, muffins, scones, that isn't on Lido Deck?

3 - How many Coca Cola machines are there to use with the cup you get with the coke package?

4 - Is there are area to get free Hamburgers and chicken tenders that isn't in the Windjammer? I know Johnny Rocket's had great hamburgers but you have to pay there.

6- How much are the Bingo tickets?

I may get a frozen margarita a couple times, but that would be the extent of the alcohol beverages and we won't be going to any clubs. So any tips on nighttime entertainment would be great. Like is there a piano bar and music trivia?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

1) Both the solarium and promenade decks have lovely places to sit and watch the ocean. Solarium= windows, promenade= outside but orotected

2)free snacks, sandwiches, sweets, pizza at the Promenade Cafe

3) don't know, don't drink soda!

4) only other place for free food other than WJ or the Promenade Cafe is the MDR. They have chicken nuggets on the kids menu and always beef sliders (small burgers) on the every night menu. Often have regular burgers in MDR lunch menu on sea days

5) shops any good? I don't think so but I don't buy high end belongings. DH found a pair of thing sandals for $18, but we also paid that much for a small bottle if Nyquil

6) don't play bingo

Schooner bar has a nightly piano player and lots of different music trivia. Both very popular!

We really loved the Navigator. Great staff, thought the food was very good. Only reason we are not going on her again next December us we chose a longer cruise with a different itinerary.

Other quiet places to sit and read, play card games, talk etc during the daytime if you want to be inside and looking out at the ocean are Boleros, Champagne bar, Crown Viking lounge. However at night these places would not work.

You can sit and read, while looking out large windows in Bolero's on the side away from the bar on deck 4. The largest area for a quiet chat or reading is up on deck 14 in the Viking Crown lounge during the day Views are great up there. Only the port side aft elevators go all the way to deck 14. Schooner bar at night is the piano bar. There is also guitar music at night in the pub. There are lots of trivia games both day and night in various venues. For various snacks the Promenade Cafe is open about 23 hrs. daily. Sorry, I know nothing about bingo.

I think to find the best place to read, etc... you may need to just wander about and find the best place for the moment. There are a lot of choices, but obviously sometimes things get a little noisier... but in general, I feel like you can always find someplace quiet.

There are tasty snacks in the Cafe Promenade... try the Roti wrap when you see it! Good stuff. Enjoy your journey.. I'm sure you will.

If you have any interest in the specialty restaurants, we posted a few short reviews on our blog... There's more coming, but the holidays made us lazy. :)

Just off Navigator myself. Will answer what I can:

* Yes. On various decks and various locations. The Viking Crown is a good spot during the day if there are no private events there.

* Yes. On deck 5 in Cafe Promenade. Same food there all week long. You could also go to Windjammers, but that may not be what you want since you're referring to a "Lido Deck".

* Zero. Ask any bartender and wait staff and you're good to go.

* Not really. I sat with my son while he had Johnny Rocket's. He had a free ticket from a teen event that he won. He said all the food was too greasy and that the hamburgers were no better than making your own.

* I thought they were nice. Didn't buy anything, but nice.

* You might like Two Poets Pub and Schooner's Bar. There's music trivia in a few different locations during the week.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Navigator from Jan 9-17 anniversary vacation:

* Yes. The Cosmopolitan Lounge was nice, lots of places to sit and relax. Windows are big. The Solarium is a nice adult only area as well. Outside but with some protection/cover. Also if you walk around some of the less traveled decks you can find some “isolated” spots. There is also the Card Room “Library” but no windows there.

* We ate once at the Cafe Promenade. I wasn't impressed with the Cafe there. The Windjammer is about the only place, outside of room service, that would have what you are asking for. I don't believe that there IS a Lido Deck...?

* Surprisingly, no Coke machines on board, but your bartender or wait staff will assist you there. But you can’t get the “mixed flavors” of Coke products like the 120 Coke machines.

* Not that we saw.

* I wasn't impressed with the shops/boutiques on Navigator. I CERTAINLY wasn't thrilled with some of their prices (ie: $14 for a box of benedryl) There were some goods that I did buy, but again, they were pricey.

6 - How much are the Bingo tickets?

* Hubby and I played Bingo ONCE… way overpriced for the “BINGO atmosphere, for what you are trying to win. We paid $49 for 3 tickets (3 games) and 5 chances to win a cruise. Won’t do that again.

* There is the Two Poets Pub, the Schooner's Bar and the Star Lounge. The cruise director has a lot of different activities going on while on board. And there were some different music trivia games available in different locations. There was also a Scavenger Hunt using digital cameras at one of the bars.

This was our first time on the Navigator.. it was "nice" but I don't know that we will travel her again.The staff was phenomenal and over all it was a wonderful vacation... but sometimes it's just the little things..