Cruise crisis cliche. Help.

Mpls35

Here's what I know from firsthand experience. Talk to the people early when you get there, port authority, NCL, whoever. Two years ago on the NCL jewel out of NOLA, my brother accidentally checked his luggage that had his and his family's passports/birth certificate. We told port authority and everyone 5 minutes after it happened. Unfortunately for us, they never found it before sailing (it was found 15 minutes after we set sail but it was too late), so they didn't make it on the ship. However, they were willing to let them on if they found it by the time they pulled the gate away. So he does need it, but the 2:00 deadline is flexible. Good luck!!!

OMG. I was on that cruise in October 2013! Your brother was going with his son and wife. We met them in one of the bars (karaoke bar) and they told us all about it. Not to hijack the thread, but yeah. That was devastating just hearing about it.

I went to check in at the NYC port. Realized I brought my husbands passport, not mine. They would not accept a fax. My husband hopped in his truck to take the 3+ hour drive from home to NYC. He pulled up the same second they were pulling the walkways! They put them back in place for my children and I to get on. We boarded at 330. Sail away was 4. Good luck tomorrow!

Our friends are in a similar situation here on NOLA tonight, except, his and his daughters passports were stolen. He flew back to California today to get birth certificates from the safe, and we are crossing our fingers that he makes it back before tomorrow afternoon with them.

OP, I'm stressed just reading this, can't imagine how you guys feel! I'm sitting here in Tampa with my doors open so at least you've got good weather for the plane here. Please come back and let us know how it works! The good thing is the airport is so easy to navigate and it's super easy to get to the port. I'd just grab a cab too and be done with it. Good luck!

Delta flight should arrive at 10:56am. It is in the air and on the way. Whew!!! I think this is all going to work out for you with time to spare. :)

Of course, can't relax until you physically see your DH on the cruise, but the chances of that keep getting better and better. I've got everything crossed!

Our friends are in a similar situation here on NOLA tonight, except, his and his daughters passports were stolen. He flew back to California today to get birth certificates from the safe, and we are crossing our fingers that he makes it back before tomorrow afternoon with them.

Yikes!!! That is just terrible. I've got everything crossed for them too!

After reading these different scenarios, I am going to bring all of our stamped birth certificates with us and keep them in a separate place.

I am crossing everything and praying that it arrives on time!!

Please let us know!!

Patty

Out of habit we have two things we check as we leave our driveway when we vacation - one, do we have our passports and any travel documents required usually handled by me and kept in my purse or carry on (and readily accessible to check if they are there) and two, do we have our bags (I keep track of how many should be in the car) but I can see how this can happen. Sorry you are having such a hassle but definitely let us know what happens. Hope you all get on the ship together. I am always amazed at the good advice and information you can get here on CC and it appears posters have come to the rescue again with helpful suggestions.

I had an a friend of a friend who was flying into Miami from Ohio with mom, dad and 5 kids. Mom took the folder where the passports were out during the flight and slipped them into the seat pocket...then forgot about them. This was the day before the cruise. They did not think about the folder till they were leaving for the port the next day when they realized what had happened. No passports, documents, anything. They called the airlines who had no sign of the envelope and of course since it was the date of departure no other options. They spent the week in Florida. Without saying, everyone was extremely upset and kids were besides themselves as I believe this was their first cruise and they had been saving for it for a long time. I do believe insurance picked up their cruise expenses but it had to be horrendous nonetheless.

Good luck to you. Delta Dash saved my b*** at work when packages had to be shipped last minute and they were not ready to go the regular ways.

Please keep us informed.

Omg, I will have many more thanks to give when I can calm down, but dear god he has his passport and is on his way to the terminal!!!!! Thank you thank you to everyone for the advice prayers and reassurance! I had never heard of Delta Cargo! I'm sitting in the terminal all checked in- the people were lovely and made sure to tell the security captain the situation. They were very sympathetic. Thanks again everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg, I will have many more thanks to give when I can calm down, but dear god he has his passport and is on his way to the terminal!!!!! Thank you thank you to everyone for the advice prayers and reassurance! I had never heard of Delta Cargo! I'm sitting in the terminal all checked in- the people were lovely and made sure to tell the security captain the situation. They were very sympathetic. Thanks again everyone!!

Glad to hear. Have a good cruise.

YAY!! Have a wonderful cruise!

giphy.gif

What great news! Thanks for taking the time to update us. So happy for all of you! And I'd never heard of Delta Dash either. Things like this make CC so special!

HAVE A FABULOUS CRUISE, ALL OF YOU!

Glad it worked out well. I know this is somewhat rude to ask, so please feel free to not respond. But I'm curious what Delta charged for this type of service? It might help others in the future to know the ballpark of the decision.

Glad it worked out well. I know this is somewhat rude to ask, so please feel free to not respond. But I'm curious what Delta charged for this type of service? It might help others in the future to know the ballpark of the decision.

I just looked it up:

https://www.deltacargo.com/ProductsRates/Rates,SurchargesMiscellaneousFees.aspx