Cruise crisis cliche. Help.

Mpls35

So much good advice. Did I mention this is our second cruise ever?! Yes it is on flight 1366, weather looks clear albeit freezing so he will be there at the desk with a look of urgency. He has all the info. For those interested- only cost $80 which is a heck of a lot cheaper than s one way flight to Cozumel! Son and I will haul all the luggage to the port and start pleading early. We will use Uber which has worked remarkably well thus far in our short time in Tampa.

we just went through this in November and I am a travel agent.

I called my oldest daughter Friday morning before we leave and asked her if she has all her paper work together( she has cruise about 10 times) and she says no but I know where it all is so, I say to her well get it together now so if by chance you cant find your birth certificate she can go and get new ones her and her daughter who were born in Fl

well 6:00 pm and she calls me crying I cant find my birth certificate I have Emma's and an old one of her husband but doesn't have hers.:eek: ( I almost killed her since we just talk about it that morning)so I ask her why didn't you look earlier like I said and she says I had a nail appointment:cool:

so I go over and help her find it and it fell behind her shelves I still don't know how I found it. so we were just worried they wouldn't take my SIL rip BC .

because we could not find his new one which he had sent from OH and he said he didn't have it. well they let him on the ship and the next day he says you know what I do have my new BC it is in my glove box of my car:cool: I think I got more grey hair from this then all of her growing up lol

the airport and the port are close so you should be fine .

get on and have a big drink you deserve it.:)

Omg, I will have many more thanks to give when I can calm down, but dear god he has his passport and is on his way to the terminal!!!!! Thank you thank you to everyone for the advice prayers and reassurance! I had never heard of Delta Cargo! I'm sitting in the terminal all checked in- the people were lovely and made sure to tell the security captain the situation. They were very sympathetic. Thanks again everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome awesome news. I was on pins and needles reading this

I can imagine the big drinks you will both be sitting with soon enough. So glad it all worked out.

I check obsessively for days before leaving that I have all the documents. I could see myself totally pulling the folder out of my bag, putting it in the seat pocket for 'just a second' and then forgetting it.

happy sailing!

You need to check with NCL, too. I've heard of folks missing a ship, flying to the next (foreign) port and being denied boarding.

For the record- I did ask an NCL employee and she said no problem, he could board in Cozumel. She was quite stricken though and was like "but won't that be really expensive?!" Uh, YES! $380 for one-way. Thank god we don't have to deal with that.

10 Years ago when my youngest was in her freshman year of college we decided to take a last minute 4 night Thanksgiving cruise on the Majesty.

Of course she left her passport in her dorm room!! Yes - I had reminded her to take it home!!

Thank goodness Mom still had a copy of her expired passport. They let her on.

I was not happy about having to drive from NJ to VA down to FLA just to get her on board the ship.

It can be a problem if the next stop is another US port, because then the cruise line is knowingly accepting a passenger for an itinerary that violates the PVSA. For example, if you are booked on a Boston to Canada round trip and you miss embarkation in Boston, they may not allow you to join the cruise the next day in Portland, because it is illegal for them to transport someone from Portland to Boston…

In the OP's case there would be no problem boarding in Mexico, as far as the PVSA is concerned. (But there may be other reasons why they would prefer not to pick someone up in Mexico in the middle of a closed-loop cruise.)

We were late for our cruise out of Boston last May due to traffic and they rushed us through and we boarded 45 minutes before the ship sailed. Everyone was so accommodating, they even took our luggage directly to our room with us. Very nice people at that port!!!

Out of habit we have two things we check as we leave our driveway when we vacation - one, do we have our passports and any travel documents required usually handled by me and kept in my purse or carry on (and readily accessible to check if they are there) and two, do we have our bags (I keep track of how many should be in the car) but I can see how this can happen. Sorry you are having such a hassle but definitely let us know what happens. Hope you all get on the ship together. I am always amazed at the good advice and information you can get here on CC and it appears posters have come to the rescue again with helpful suggestions.

We do the same exact thing. :) The ritual before we pull out of the driveway, is I pull out tickets/boarding passes and passports and show them to everyone so they are double-checked before we leave.

Omg, I will have many more thanks to give when I can calm down, but dear god he has his passport and is on his way to the terminal!!!!! Thank you thank you to everyone for the advice prayers and reassurance! I had never heard of Delta Cargo! I'm sitting in the terminal all checked in- the people were lovely and made sure to tell the security captain the situation. They were very sympathetic. Thanks again everyone!!

Yayyyyy, so happy for you! I bet this never happens again. Enjoy your cruise, mine leaves in 2 days :)

I'm so happy it worked out for you! You got great advise about Delta Dash and now we all know about that option too. Thank you to the poster of that idea!

Yup.

The poster advising Delta Dash underscores what this forum is really about. It's like a light from above... a glimmer of hope nested in a dark cruel world of threads about smoking, uncharges, chair hogs, gratuities and room service.

Nicely done by that poster, and the OP.