Travel plugs

dickymint25

We are cruising for the first time on Celebrity Reflection doing the Eastern Med in July 2016. What kind of travel plugs do we need. We currently use European adapters through Europe and wondered if these would these be ok.

Its mainly for charging I pads and phones with UK plugs.

The Reflection uses standard American power outlets, so you will need a plug adapter for that and if you wish to connect anything that does not automatically switch between 110 vs. 220, a power converter, as well. (iPads and iPhones do not need the power converter).

Time to throw out those adapters & buy some new.;)

Boots, Argos & others offer universal adapters for under a tenner - US/Aus, northern & southern Europe all in one unit.

I never bother to check what plugs on what ship - the universal has fitted everywhere I've needed, at sea and ashore.

Plus a 3 or 4-gang little extension lead, cos ships & hotels are always rather mean on sockets, especially with all the electronic gadgets to be re-charged.

All of those gadgets are dual voltage, no need for converter unless perhaps you plan to bring your hair-dryer (supplied on all ships that I've sailed).

Or your washing machine & tumble-dryer. ;)

JB :)

I have two universal adaptors and neither one is without problems. Depending upon where the outlet is the adaptor can be too heavy to stay in the outlet. We have had to jury rig with duct tabe.

Small, individual adaptors take very little room and work better for me.

Right now I need a mini extension which will work with higher voltage. I don't think using a North American one would work in places with 220-240 voltage.

I have two universal adaptors and neither one is without problems. Depending upon where the outlet is the adaptor can be too heavy to stay in the outlet. We have had to jury rig with duct tabe.

Small, individual adaptors take very little room and work better for me.

Right now I need a mini extension which will work with higher voltage. I don't think using a North American one would work in places with 220-240 voltage.

You're right, a North American extension cord won't work in 220v countries. DD's roommate had a horrifying experience doing this. Best to buy one at an Electrical store when over there.

DD gifted me an European USB plug.

Edited by SadieN

You're right, a North American extension cord won't work in 220v countries. DD's roommate had a horrifying experience doing this. Best to buy one at an Electrical store when over there.

DD gifted me an European USB plug.

Don't bring an extension cord onto a Celebrity ship. It will be confiscated. If you need one you can ask your steward to provide you one from the ship.

Depending upon where the outlet is the adaptor can be too heavy to stay in the outlet. We have had to jury rig with duct tabe.

Yep, same for us. But since the sockets are just above the floor or the dressing table surface, we've found it no problem to rest the adaptor on a book or some-such.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull