Cruise booked train to Anchorage

newzandile

We will be disembarking in Seward and we have booked the morning train to Anchorage thru the cruise (NCL) since you cannot book that train through Alaska Rail.

What is the seating like? Is the food outrageously expensive? Will any of the dome cars be on the train or do they detatch them for the cruise run?

I wish there were an option to book goldstar service through the cruise but there isn't. (We are picking up an RV in Anchorage at 1:30 so the evening train isn't an option).

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

NCL was using the regular forward seating cars last year. I would suggest, you give the Seward depot a call when they open in May and ask what cars they are using this season. 907.224.2268

NCL contracts and doesn't have their own cars- yet.

NCL was using the regular forward seating cars last year. I would suggest, you give the Seward depot a call when they open in May and ask what cars they are using this season. 907.224.2268

NCL contracts and doesn't have their own cars- yet.

Thank you so much!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

We will be disembarking in Seward and we have booked the morning train to Anchorage thru the cruise (NCL) since you cannot book that train through Alaska Rail.

What is the seating like? Is the food outrageously expensive? Will any of the dome cars be on the train or do they detatch them for the cruise run?

I wish there were an option to book goldstar service through the cruise but there isn't. (We are picking up an RV in Anchorage at 1:30 so the evening train isn't an option).

Thanks!

Our experience is that the cruise lines use their own cars which are dome cars, without the viewing platform. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the car. You sit on the upper level and dining and restrooms are below you.

Seating will either be like a typical plane or bus, albeit with more room, or you will be seated at tables for four. Either way it is very comfortable.

There is bar service provided in the car. I don't know what you consider outrageously expensive for food, but IMO it is like eating at any typical restaurant, not as cheap as Denny's but no more expensive than any hotel.

Don't worry about the gold star service, unless NCL does something that Princess, HAL, and Regent don't you will end up with what amounts to gold star service anyway.

Have a good time, you will enjoy it.