Cozumel snorkeling

travelers123

If you go to Chankanaab Park and snorkel, where do you keep your personal things while you are snorkeling? Do they have lockers to rent? Can't imagine they would have enough lockers for everyone.

I have been to The Money Bar quite a few times and enjoyed it there. You don't have to pay an entry fee like you would at Chankanaab. It is a beach club with good facilities.

You can check their website or trip advisor. By all means, as CruiserBruce suggested, go to the Port of Calls threads where you will be able to get opinions on many more places.

have a great cruise

If you go to Chankanaab Park and snorkel, where do you keep your personal things while you are snorkeling? Do they have lockers to rent? Can't imagine they would have enough lockers for everyone.

I remember seeing them when we visited in December.

Snorkeling was amazing and easy to enter and exit water.

Don't miss this one! We return there every time we visit Cozumel.

Chankanaub is a national park with lots to do/see including snorkeling. They have swim with the dolphins which is fun to watch if you don't do it. Google it and look at everything they offer.

You can Google Money Bar beach also. We haven't snorkeled in Cozumel for a while but I think the reef at Money Bar beach is quite a ways off the beach. Some tours go there by boat. Their beach is small and there isn't really anyone around to take stuff left on the beach.

I'd really like to lump in with the Money Bar recs (Dzul Ha is the name of the beach/reef section). The facilities at the bar-beach club are great: lockers, bathrooms, changing area and more are both nice and inexpensive. The snorkeling there has a really easy entrance and not very far from the shore you can see some large coral heads. Many of the boat based snorkel excursions use this as one of their stops. You can simply swim out there on your own and stay as long as you like, explore a larger area on your own. If you are facing out towards the water, to your right has some good iron shore for interesting small aquatic life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks so much for the great info. on The Money Bar! I researched it and I believe we will give it a try. Maybe we can even find someone off the ship to split the cost of the cab ride there!

Cab is only $11 to/from Money Bar... have a great time!