All Inclusive Beverage Package

rs12065

I have purchased a wine package on Carnival but I will be sailing on the Emrrald a Princess next month. I am a Platinum with Princess but have not cruised with them n several years and I don't fully understand their All Inclusive Beverage Package

Do both people n the cabin have to purchase the package? The website isn't clear on that. Is their a limit on number of drinks? It seems like it would be foolish to purchase a bottle of wine at 40% discount if individual glasses are covered.

I would appreciate any feedback. It is good to be back with Princess after several years away

I have purchased a wine package on Carnival but I will be sailing on the Emrrald a Princess next month. I am a Platinum with Princess but have not cruised with them n several years and I don't fully understand their All Inclusive Beverage Package

Do both people n the cabin have to purchase the package? The website isn't clear on that. Is their a limit on number of drinks? It seems like it would be foolish to purchase a bottle of wine at 40% discount if individual glasses are covered.

I would appreciate any feedback. It is good to be back with Princess after several years away

No both people in the cabin don't have to purchase.

No limit in drinks

Here is a thread on your question....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213354&highlight=all+inclusive

If the other person travelling with you does not buy a package your package will only cover drinks, including wine by the glass for you. In other words you can't get two glasses of wine at a time on your package.

However if you choose to buy a bottle of wine with the 40% discount, you can share that bottle with your travel companion.

The beauty of that deal is the one who has the AIBP can order glasses of wine and purchase a bottle of wine for the spouse/significant other/random passenger and they can drink the 40 percent off wine at dinner. You don't have to drink the whole bottle. You can leave it with the server to bring back the next day or take back to room.

If the other person travelling with you does not buy a package your package will only cover drinks, including wine by the glass for you. In other words you can't get two glasses of wine at a time on your package.

However if you choose to buy a bottle of wine with the 40% discount, you can share that bottle with your travel companion.

You can also buy any bottle for 40% off whereas the selection of wines by the glass is limited.

The price of the bottle of wine must be under $100.00 in order to qualify for the 40% off.

How does it work for the bucket of beer? Can you get the bucket of beer on the card and go wonder to your favorite spot...or do you need buy each one individually?

It can't be used for the bucket of beer. You must request each beer individually.

How does it work for the bucket of beer? Can you get the bucket of beer on the card and go wonder to your favorite spot...or do you need buy each one individually?

It doesn't work with buckets of beer, why would it? The AIPB is one drink at a time for the package holder. So, you would need to get your beers one at a time. Bartenders are happy to give them to you unopened if you like so you can take them to cabin or around the ship with you. If you're planning to drink them quickly, just let the bartender or pool bartender or theater or dining room bartender know to keep them coming, and they will. A small additional tip goes a long way in this capacity, but isn't necessary - they will keep them coming regardless..

Package also doesn't work for the Buy One Get One for $1 for those who may ask (and someone always does!). Again, how would it if all beverages $10 and under are covered, and it's one drink at a time for package holder...

Enjoy your sailings....