Ovation: is she the poor relation?

As said, it operates as MyTime like mentioned here for Ovation.

In practice, there is no classic option, in either case you can choose which restaurant to go to. And you don't retain the same table or staff.

Thanks for the info.

The plot thickens. We are booked on the May 10th cruise on the Ovation. I also have been keeping an eye on the May 3rd cruise as at one stage we were planning to add this. For the May 3rd cruise it gives the following options:

Traditional dining - enjoy reserved seating at on any night you want to use the main restaurant

Flexible dining - dine any time the Main Dining room is open

I went into the booking process for the May 10th cruise as the prices have dropped quite significantly and found the following dining options now:

Traditional dining - enjoy reserved seating at on any night you want to use the main restaurant

Flexible dining - dine any time the Main Dining room is open

I am pretty sure that when I did this yesterday, the two traditional dining options had a time attached to them.

Corinna

Have the IT guys from the US site gone over to the UK site? I have to assume that the IT guys don't know that there's no MDR on Ovation, or is there?:confused:

That is what I thought. I have to ring them shortly anyway as I want to see if we can apply the new price or even potentially upgrade to a balcony and I will ask them then. We have done 13 cruises on Disney Cruise Line, where they have rotational dining, which is essentially the same as Dynamic Dining Classic and this is what we feel comfortable with. So if what I seeing is actually masking Dynamic Dining Classic, then I am going to jump on this.

Corinna

I haven't been on the board since Jan 29th so may have missed it but is she being named out of Southampton?

Won't have 24hour internet until we get home on 24th Feb.

As I did not see an answer to my question I guess Ovation is going to be a nameless ship:D.

I do not even know who the Godmother is :o.

As I did not see an answer to my question I guess Ovation is going to be a nameless ship:D.

I do not even know who the Godmother is :o.

I couldn't name any godmother of a ship except for Gloria Estefan for Empress. I think she is also one godmother of Oasis

I have just spoken to Royal Caribbean to re-shop our cruise and the person I spoke to has confirmed that there are three different options for dining: Dynamic Dining Classic 1 (early seating), Dynamic Dining Class 2 (late seating) and Dynamic Dining (choose when and were you eat). When I originally booked this cruise, only Dynamic Dining was on offer. I have now changed this to Dynamic Dining Classic 2. All in all, I had a productive afternoon. I got a higher cabin category, but saved £400 on the cruise and got a dining arrangement that suits me better.

Corinna

Edited by dolphingirl47

I have just spoken to Royal Caribbean to re-shop our cruise and the person I spoke to has confirmed that there are three different options for dining: Dynamic Dining Classic 1 (early seating), Dynamic Dining Class 2 (late seating) and Dynamic Dining (choose when and were you eat). When I originally booked this cruise, only Dynamic Dining was on offer. I have now changed this to Dynamic Dining Classic 2. All in all, I had a productive afternoon. I got a higher cabin category, but saved £400 on the cruise and got a dining arrangement that suits me better.

Corinna

Thanks for the update. Now, if they can only get the website updated before they come out with a totally new dining process.:rolleyes:

Hello, I was also curious regarding the Dining Options on Ovation. We are booked for 2 segments, May 10 and May 26 Barcelona to Singapore. My invoicing states Dynamic Dining Classic 2 which I believes means:

Late Seating (8:30) same table Assignment, Same Table Mates BUT rotating to several of the Complimentary Dining Rooms. Is that correct? :confused:

I am so used to the Cruise itself being an adventure, this sounds like the Dining experience will be as well! ;)

Hello, I was also curious regarding the Dining Options on Ovation. We are booked for 2 segments, May 10 and May 26 Barcelona to Singapore. My invoicing states Dynamic Dining Classic 2 which I believes means:

Late Seating (8:30) same table Assignment, Same Table Mates BUT rotating to several of the Complimentary Dining Rooms. Is that correct? :confused:

I am so used to the Cruise itself being an adventure, this sounds like the Dining experience will be as well! ;)

That is correct. Your dining room rotation will be in your stateroom when you board.

Corinna

Did you manage to get a balcony room?? I am in Spain at the moment so can do nothing for another 2 weeks :( but when I went on last night I saw the balconies were now the same price has the insides plus alot cheaper than we originally paid

Did you manage to get a balcony room?? I am in Spain at the moment so can do nothing for another 2 weeks :( but when I went on last night I saw the balconies were now the same price has the insides plus alot cheaper than we originally paid

Yes, we now have a balcony guarantee cabin and a cruise invoice, that is £400 less.

Corinna

Yes, we now have a balcony guarantee cabin and a cruise invoice, that is £400 less.

Corinna

I have emailed my TA asking if anything can be done but I wont hold my breath if they dont move me you can always pop along and see the inside of our virtual balcony :)

I have emailed my TA asking if anything can be done but I wont hold my breath if they dont move me you can always pop along and see the inside of our virtual balcony :)

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. If you do stay in the interior cabin, I will happily take you up on your kind offer.

Corinna

Well done! Having spotted a £500 saving for a solo on my X Gty I got my TA on the case....she is still in 'discussions' with them.....:rolleyes:

For me it was actually surprisingly painless. However, I think the big difference may be that I could shift to another category without any issues. We had an interior and have now moved to a balcony. I was told that they could not adjust the price unless I change categories. Therein probably lies the issue for you as a category change would mean a downgrade.

Corinna

We're on this sailing too and also have an inside guarantee with virtual balcony. I've also emailed my TA to see if we can upgrade to a balcony guarantee but will wait and see - last week I was quoted £1000 to do so!

I've just checked. Deffinately have reservation for night 1 at American icon.

Couldn't do anything with coastal kitchen, that error'd every time.

Coastal Kitchen is for suite guests only. Unless you are in a suite, you won't get a reservation there.

As to the entertainment, I would guess it will be structured around the 2 Dynamic Dining seatings.

Hope this helps.

Coastal Kitchen is for suite guests only. Unless you are in a suite, you won't get a reservation there.

As to the entertainment, I would guess it will be structured around the 2 Dynamic Dining seatings.

Hope this helps.

Junior Suite are allowed for dinner

Who did you book with?

Hi, I booked with an online Travel Agency as opposed to RCCL direct - don't know if this would have a bearing on the outcome. I've not heard back yet and am trying hard not to pick up the phone to jolly them along before the price goes up again.

Hi, I booked with an online Travel Agency as opposed to RCCL direct - don't know if this would have a bearing on the outcome. I've not heard back yet and am trying hard not to pick up the phone to jolly them along before the price goes up again.

I'd be on the phone to them getting them to call - the price went last night but was back again this morning....so I don't think there are many X Gtys left.

I'd insist on holding on whilst they called Guatemala on the other line ;)

I'd be on the phone to them getting them to call - the price went last night but was back again this morning....so I don't think there are many X Gtys left.

I'd insist on holding on whilst they called Guatemala on the other line ;)

They've just emailed me back saying they checked with RCCL and basically that price is purely for new bookings!! So I'm away to phone RCCL!

They've just emailed me back saying they checked with RCCL and basically that price is purely for new bookings!! So I'm away to phone RCCL!

I have not heard anything back from my email to TA and i am in Spain till middle of next week so I am stuck til I get home :(