Ovation: is she the poor relation?

35 days until her first sailing.....

NO dining

NO entertainment

NO information

After having parted with several thousand ££'s I am beginning to wonder whether we will need to bring our own food...:mad::confused:

don't worry, the windjammer seems to be coming along nicely

ovation256_v-vierspaltig.jpg

Hi there,

Have booked both the 14th and 17th April sailings. Have booked dining for second cruise but it tells me to book on board for the first - very strange

I will be travelling with my husband Brian and our great friends, from Ireland,

Queenie and Aubrey - getting excited now.

Feeling a little disappointed that we cannot book entertainment for either cruise yet.

Hi there,

Have booked both the 14th and 17th April sailings. Have booked dining for second cruise but it tells me to book on board for the first - very strange

I will be travelling with my husband Brian and our great friends, from Ireland,

Queenie and Aubrey - getting excited now.

Feeling a little disappointed that we cannot book entertainment for either cruise yet.

Thats probably because people were saying they have sampler menus on the three night cruises, same menu in each venue

Thats probably because people were saying they have sampler menus on the three night cruises, same menu in each venue

The menu has nothing to do with booking a venue. The RCI IT folks have to enable the reservation system to book anything. They haven't done that for some sailings or for some people. There's nothing strange about IT glitches at RCI - that's the norm.:cool:

Just out: Ems conveyance is planned for Friday, March 11th, app. 2 pm (German time).

http://www.meyerwerft.de/media/08_medien/pressemitteilungen/2016/Ueberfuehrungsplan_699_e.pdf

Pdf shows a map with all dates and times.

steamboats

Ovation could be delayed by one to two hours.

She will cover the Ems passage to the North Sea backwards, so they can manoeuvre her better by two tugs. :eek:

The menu has nothing to do with booking a venue. The RCI IT folks have to enable the reservation system to book anything. They haven't done that for some sailings or for some people. There's nothing strange about IT glitches at RCI - that's the norm.:cool:

Not sure it's not enabled. You can't book entertainment or a most activities on Quantum either - it's just they don't offer it in advance. Only thing you could book was wave rider lessons, and then restaurants opened about 20 days out.

Not sure it's not enabled. You can't book entertainment or a most activities on Quantum either - it's just they don't offer it in advance. Only thing you could book was wave rider lessons, and then restaurants opened about 20 days out.

Quantum is a bit of a unique situation. You can book lots of things on Anthem, including entertainment. It could be that with Ovation heading to Asia they may restrict what can booked ahead.

I think the point was people have been able to book the restaurants on later dates, just not the 3 day one.

Random question but I need to do my May the 4th Be With you half marathon on the ship now (very early on the track to avoid people on the loungers for two hours. It was meant to be a marathon but don't think i'd be able to steal the track for 5 hours)). As it's the fourth sailing what do you think the chances are of me being the first person to run a half marathon on the ship would be? Anyone planning to run one on the three sailings before mine?

Random question but I need to do my May the 4th Be With you half marathon on the ship now (very early on the track to avoid people on the loungers for two hours. It was meant to be a marathon but don't think i'd be able to steal the track for 5 hours)). As it's the fourth sailing what do you think the chances are of me being the first person to run a half marathon on the ship would be? Anyone planning to run one on the three sailings before mine?

Some ship working runner may have beat you to it already.:cool:

I think the point was people have been able to book the restaurants on later dates, just not the 3 day one.

Which would therefore indicate that it's not an issue of not being enabled, as said.

Quantum and Ovation are to be based in the same market, so are likely under similar operations.

1 month to go.

No entertainment.

No dining.

Adding Pot Noodles and a kettle to the packing list.....[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

We've booked all our dining for the 22nd of April sailing, but there is no entertainment as yet, and I'm not sure there will be. I think it'll be first come first served on the ship as we've got to this late stage and nothing has yet been released.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

1 month to go.

No entertainment.

No dining.

Adding Pot Noodles and a kettle to the packing list.....[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

If the same cruise on the Quantum last year is anything to go by, you don't need a kettle. Apparently there was a kettle under every bed. ;)

Corinna

If the same cruise on the Quantum last year is anything to go by, you don't need a kettle. Apparently there was a kettle under every bed. ;)

Corinna

Anthem also had kettle, tea and coffee in the cabin. But this was a cruise from the UK, who love their tea,