Carrying All Your Luggage On?

I have cruised on RC three times now and have seen people keeping 2-3 bags with them rather than turning them over to the porters. Can you take on your regular luggage when you board? I have just been wondering about this.

We did that twice when we were new to cruising. Looking back I'm not sure why we did that..maybe afraid of it getting lost or damaged..can't remember but there is no way I would ever do that again.

As long as the luggage fits through the scanners you can carry it on.

Maybe they were the mom who got stuck carrying the rest of the "day bags" the other family members wanted for the day (ie, the bag with the swim suit, cover up and such). Sometimes I think I resemble that after the kids all take off for the flow rider, rock wall and/or food :D

We do this all the time,I know that it could be hard for some people.

We carry 3 bags I have seem the way they handle bags,bags dont get pick up they get thrown all over.Its not unusual to have to buy new suitcases.

Besides what we like the best,dont have to wait for the bags.

Go into the cabin unpack get dressed and get ready to have fun.

Enjoy

I had all my bags as carry-on when I cruised on the Radiance Alaska Southbound last year. I didn't want to deal with baggage fees with the airlines, and I knew I'd be hauling my luggage on my own on the train from Vancouver to Seattle and then getting to SEATAC, so I got everything I needed for 10 days into my carry-on bag and my backpack - AND I had to have clothes for 4 races during the course of the cruise. Lots of yoga pants, a hoodie that could be worn on the plane and reused when needed, mix and match skirts and tops for dinner, and the usual needed stuff and everything fit no problem.

It's really not THAT hard.

That said, I will have a checked bag for my upcoming cruise as I'll have a free luggage allowance since I'm flying Business Elite - plus I figure going I'll have my backpack for carryon and one or two checked bags (probably one as I'm firmly in the "You bring it, you carry it" camp who only uses porters and bell services when given no other option) and I can put my duffel-type carryon bag folded into one of my pieces of checked luggage and have that for souvenirs on my way home as the carry-on bag while the backpack is the "personal item".