Mr. Sanchos and how to get there

5soccer9

Fares are per trip based upon the type of vehicle. Standard cabs hold up to 4 passengers and then there is a mid-size which I think goes to 6 then a full size that goes to 8 or 9. The fares increase for each size.

Be mindful to match your size with your appropriate vehicle. If you two of you get into the full size van its going to run $30+ from Puerta Maya to Mr. Sanchos. Whereas the stanard cab will cost $17. We try to find another couple either on the ship or just at the taxi stand headed to the same place and split the standard taxi. Most resorts either have a taxi stand with taxis waiting to return or will call you one. The same rates apply to return trips.

Overall I like the system as each taxi stand at the pier will have a large sign with the rates for each type of vehicle and it varies by location, the further away the more it will cost. Takes the guesswork out of the Taxis and ensure that no one is being ripped off. Consquently since the cost is per trip, time is of the essence and they tend to drive really fast. :D

Fares are per trip based upon the type of vehicle. Standard cabs hold up to 4 passengers and then there is a mid-size which I think goes to 6 then a full size that goes to 8 or 9. The fares increase for each size.

Be mindful to match your size with your appropriate vehicle. If you two of you get into the full size van its going to run $30+ from Puerta Maya to Mr. Sanchos. Whereas the stanard cab will cost $17. We try to find another couple either on the ship or just at the taxi stand headed to the same place and split the standard taxi. Most resorts either have a taxi stand with taxis waiting to return or will call you one. The same rates apply to return trips.

Overall I like the system as each taxi stand at the pier will have a large sign with the rates for each type of vehicle and it varies by location, the further away the more it will cost. Takes the guesswork out of the Taxis and ensure that no one is being ripped off. Consquently since the cost is per trip, time is of the essence and they tend to drive really fast. :D

I've been to Cozumel, and yes they do drive really fast lol.

Whilst it is true there are different price bands for different sized groups, if a taxi vani is next in line at a dispatch point and there are only two of you, they should charge price for up to 4. Always confirm price with driver before leaving.

If you are out on street and get in a passing taxi van, you may well be charged price for larger vehicle. Again confirm price and if you cannot negotiate 4 person rate, wave them on. There will always be another taxi if you are on the main drag.

Whilst it is true there are different price bands for different sized groups, if a taxi vani is next in line at a dispatch point and there are only two of you, they should charge price for up to 4. Always confirm price with driver before leaving.

If you are out on street and get in a passing taxi van, you may well be charged price for larger vehicle. Again confirm price and if you cannot negotiate 4 person rate, wave them on. There will always be another taxi if you are on the main drag.

That was kind of the impression I had about the situation and the guy at Mr. Sanchos assured us it was fine but when we got to the pier he charged us the full van price. It was us and another couple, we argued a bit but finally we just paid him the money ($30 at the time I believe) and went on. Thankfully we had exact change because he was then upset because we didn't give him a tip. I felt slightly taken advantage of and had no qualms in this case of not tipping anything. In future visits we'll be more discerning.