Taxi from White bay.

suexxx

We have paid around $55 but it can vary according to traffic. If keeping the cost down is important and you have plenty of time, ask the driver not to take the tunnels because of course you have to pay the toll. I think it makes an $8 difference. That figure is from memory, but I don't make a big deal of it so I could be 'off' a little bit.:)

We have paid around $55 but it can vary according to traffic. If keeping the cost down is important and you have plenty of time, ask the driver not to take the tunnels because of course you have to pay the toll. I think it makes an $8 difference. That figure is from memory, but I don't make a big deal of it so I could be 'off' a little bit.:)

Going to the airport you only pay the one toll for the cross city tunnel. No tolls southbound on M1 (eastern distributor). Slow traffic across Anzac bridge until 10 on week days in morning can add to taxi fare. A smart local taxi driver could avoid this by going through Glebe (Johnston St).

Suexxx you could also consider a cruiseline airport transfer to airport for about $20 pp, but catch is your flight needs to be after approx 12:00, so they can get you there in plenty of time, I book late flights ~4:00pm incase there is a holdup with ship, bus picks you up right outside the terminal. Last time I took a taxi it was about $65:00 mid morning, depends on traffic and route taken.

Is there a new water taxi or something from CBD [sydney] to Whites Bay.

We will be a few days in Sydney before we sail on the Sun Princess in Oct./16

If so what is the cost or should we take a land taxi??

Yes there is Sally. Here is the information:

Ferry service to White Bay from Circular Quay and Darling Harbour

Operated by Captain Cook Cruises

Buy tickets online at their website or Wharf 6 Circular Quay

Ferries run every 20 mins (8:15 – 11.20 am) from Circular Quay and every 20 mins from Darling Harbour from 11.45am – 3:00pm

Cost is $9 one way

Operates on cruise ship arrival & departure days

and On any given day the first and last service will vary subject to

cruise ship actual arrival and departure times.

Timetable says starts at 7:30 AM and runs to 19:40 PM

but best to check with company.

https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/captain-cook-cms-assets/assets/timetables/2905/151202k.pdf

Edited by 6666oz

With the ferry to White Bay, passengers have to walk a distance (originally they said 700 metres) and manage with their luggage up some stairs. :( I think a taxi would be better. It will deliver you right to the door of the cruise terminal and the driver will even lift the luggage out of the taxi for you. :)

Edited by Aus Traveller

Airport to White Vay

Taxi about $60

Or train to Circular Quay about $17 ea

Ferry to White Bay $15 each

So forvtwo or more taxi is best value

The ferry is actually $9 each. So works out cheaper than the taxi.

But for me the Circular quay location is extra travelling time when going to White Bay, so not personally convenient. But works for some.

But for me the Circular quay location is extra travelling time when going to White Bay, so not personally convenient. But works for some.

The ferry is a bit cheaper but not as convenient. I checked this on line when the service started. They said there was a 700m walk (but that could be reduced later - presumably the ferry would later be able to dock closer to the terminal). The website also stated there were stairs to be negotiated with the luggage. :(

To me, a taxi is easier, simpler and quicker. So what if it costs an extra $20. Compared with the total cost of the trip that is "peanuts" - barely one drink each.

Thanks for the info. We are coming into Sydney for a few days before the cruise in Oct./16. Just thought we would stay around Circular Quay & take the ferry to Whites Bay. We are still looking for a Hotel so if anyone can recommend a place...Thanks

Would we take a train from the airport to Circular Quay? Cost??

Or is there another way. Spend a few days down town then take the ferry to White Bay

$9 each and then at the end of the cruise use the ships transfers back to the airport? Does that sound good?? or does anyone have another idea?

Or is there another way. Spend a few days down town then take the ferry to White Bay

$9 each and then at the end of the cruise use the ships transfers back to the airport? Does that sound good?? or does anyone have another idea?

To get from Circular Quay to White Bay you can either take the ferry at $9 each or a taxi for around $20. The ferry runs every 20 minutes and the stop at White Bay is "several hundred metres from the cruise terminal". There was a mention of having to negotiate steps. For an extra few dollars I would take a taxi 'door to door'. :)

From the corner of Castlereagh St and Park st in a taxi never done it to white bay term for under $35, damn traffic.

$17

Edited by 6666oz

From the corner of Castlereagh St and Park st in a taxi never done it to white bay term for under $35, damn traffic.

Yes, I'd be surprised at getting it for $20, though I think $25-30 is more achievable. If you walk a couple of short blocks down to George and Park St you'd save a few dollars for an easy walk.

As for the options either is good - though I think for cost and convenience, if going direct I'd just take a taxi from the airport instead of (presumably) double fares for the airport train, then ferry and the connection times to White Bay.

If staying some nights in the city, the ferry is more worthwhile if near the northern end (Circular quay) although if around Central/Town Hall a taxi is likely more convenient and for not much difference in price. There is also a shuttle from Central station if that suits.

Yes, I'd be surprised at getting it for $20, though I think $25-30 is more achievable. If you walk a couple of short blocks down to George and Park St you'd save a few dollars for an easy walk.

As for the options either is good - though I think for cost and convenience, if going direct I'd just take a taxi from the airport instead of (presumably) double fares for the airport train, then ferry and the connection times to White Bay.

If staying some nights in the city, the ferry is more worthwhile if near the northern end (Circular quay) although if around Central/Town Hall a taxi is likely more convenient and for not much difference in price. There is also a shuttle from Central station if that suits.

I agree on the convenience of a taxi. You mention a shuttle bus from Central. I don't know which cruiseline you are referring to, but on Princess I have been told it is only from White Bay to central, and not the other way. I feel the reason could be that they can take a couple of busloads from the ship at times they organise, but to pick people up from the train could be a disorganised mess as people would arrive on all different trains at different times.

We've gone by taxi from QVB to White Bay for $17. If you really want to save that extra couple of dollars hail a cab on a street that goes towards White bay. Many of the streets are one way so if you grab a cab going in the wrong direction it will cost more.

I agree on the convenience of a taxi. You mention a shuttle bus from Central. I don't know which cruiseline you are referring to, but on Princess I have been told it is only from White Bay to central, and not the other way. I feel the reason could be that they can take a couple of busloads from the ship at times they organise, but to pick people up from the train could be a disorganised mess as people would arrive on all different trains at different times.

Sorry, this was P&O who are the primary operator at White Bay. They have a shuttle for $15.

https://www.pocruises.com.au/faqs/making-a-booking/do-you-offer-transfers-from-the-sydney-cbd-to-white-bay-cruise-terminal

We've gone by taxi from QVB to White Bay for $17. If you really want to save that extra couple of dollars hail a cab on a street that goes towards White bay. Many of the streets are one way so if you grab a cab going in the wrong direction it will cost more.

Thanks, happy to hear that data. Sounds like you sorted out the route well, and got a good price.