LIVE on Silhouette

psternklar

Final note, debarkation was a breeze. Did self disembark. Was at FLL by 8 am. Plenty of cabs waiting at the pier.

Thanks for your review. We will be onboard in 4 weeks. I'm glad to hear getting to FLL was uneventful. We have an 11:30 flight and some posters have been making me feel nervous.

Also just off the Silhouette yesterday and agree cruise was one of the best ever and food in MDR was excellent. Much improved from our cruise on the Reflection last year. Ship is in great shape and service was top notch. Disembarking was a real downer though. We did not do self disembark. At 9:40am, they had only called number 24 (we were number 32). Then they just announced that everyone should leave the ship. We were in line outdoors in the cold (45 degrees) for over an hour. From the time we exited the ship until we got through customs was a solid 2 hours. Porter said that issues was with staffing of customs personnel. Hope that our experience was not the norm.

Then they just announced that everyone should leave the ship. We were in line outdoors in the cold (45 degrees) for over an hour. From the time we exited the ship until we got through customs was a solid 2 hours. Porter said that issues was with staffing of customs personnel. Hope that our experience was not the norm.

Unfortunately, your experience is a perfect mirror of reality. Towards the end of the ''normal'' disembarkation process, they have to ''shove everybody out'' not to compromise the turn around process and the embarkation soon to start.The C&BP short staffing is the ''new norm'' and affects every cruise line almost equally....and is the most direct ''cause & effect'' culprit in all disembarkation unpleasant experiences. IMO, nothing that cruise lines can do....nor the Port Authority for that matter. C&BP will be staffed as their authority feels like staffing them and they have their own restraint ( a.k.a;budget restrictions ).

Unless you walk right off ''1st thing'', the lines will get longer as more and more numbers are called,as they are called out based on normal processing time...but in reality, once folks reach C&BP, delays start and lines get longer...

Also just off the Silhouette yesterday and agree cruise was one of the best ever and food in MDR was excellent. Much improved from our cruise on the Reflection last year. Ship is in great shape and service was top notch. Disembarking was a real downer though. We did not do self disembark. At 9:40am, they had only called number 24 (we were number 32). Then they just announced that everyone should leave the ship. We were in line outdoors in the cold (45 degrees) for over an hour. From the time we exited the ship until we got through customs was a solid 2 hours. Porter said that issues was with staffing of customs personnel. Hope that our experience was not the norm.

I was out there with you in the cold at the end. I've never quite experienced anything like that in a disembark. I thought waiting till the end most people would be out of the way. Boy was I wrong. We were spending the night in FLL so were in no hurry, but standing out in that cold without a jacket was no fun at all. Certainly in no way blaming Celebrity for the freak weather there, but on top of being out there over an hour it was uncomfortable.

Our friends that we sailed with went early and according to them they flew right through the process.

I do agree with the other observations. Food, service, staff, bars, all up to past Celebrity quality. Once again, in opposition to many posts I read here I don't feel like the sky is falling. We had a great cruise with 2 other couples that went with us.

I enjoyed a change in the entertainment from the boring shows of the past. I like the direction the entertainment is taking on X.

All in all a great weeks getaway.

Edited by ORV

my wife and I are going sunday on the sillouette. we are flying out of west palm beach at 1:00 to come home. it is a 50 minute ride. im going to try uber and if something happens and they don't show up we will just take a cab. if we sign up to get off early by carrying our luggage off ourselves can we just go down stairs around 8:00 and walk right off instead of waiting in line at like 7:00? im not in a big hurry but I don't want to be waiting in line if we go down lstairs later with a regular number. thank you

Hi there....we are seasoned cruisers but will complete our 1st X cruise, on the Silhouette, leaving 2/28. I am looking forward to your post & pictures!!! As for questions: please let me know what is a "have to see, have to do" on board. It would be greatly appreciated. Safe traveling

The House Band, Front Row is quite good. The evening shows have been good, not great. No more production shows. Comedian, singers, bands. Last night was Tenors of Rock was quite good. Tonight comedian Rondell Sheridan. I am pleased to see live music making a comeback, orchestra, solo guitar, swing band, and the house band all have been very good.

Today is the last full day, it has been a spectacular vacation. Service, food, comfort all fantastic. Embarkation was the quickest ever. We are doing see demarcation, hopefully it will go smoothly. Already looking forward to our next Celebrity Cruise!

Any questions?

No more production shows?

Is this fleet wide? Was there an explanation given? Very strange.

No more production shows?

Is this fleet wide? Was there an explanation given? Very strange.

Hi Carole,

Silhouette underwent a production show change the week this review was written. The ship has new shows now, so next time you sail there will be something new for you to experience. The main production show is now called Life.

I sailed Silhouette last November and like this person thought everything was wonderful. Cannot wait to sail again!