LIVE on Silhouette

psternklar

Just left port. This is our (Me and DW 52,51) first Celebrity cruise. The ship is quite nice. Staff extremely friendly. Internet is slow but not terrible. Lunch in the buffet was tasty and fresh. Just started on this trip and impressed. I will post more as the cruise continues. Any questions?

On the reflection right now with super fast internet. Captain said it cost $10,000,000 to install. Ship is rocking and Rolling in rough seas. A bad day on a cruise is better than a good day on land, just saying

we are boarding in 6 weeks.

My interest is the entertainment and the food.

I know I will have a great time no matter what...but since your offering...

i will be interested to see how the food is...Do we spurge for the ultimate dinner package...or eat daily in the MDR like usual...because the MDR is really good ??/

And what bands are there....CD???

You can still have a good cruise without the best at sea......but it sure helps if the band plays danceable stuff and makes it a fun night !!!

3-4 years ago...we had the best staff house band ever on Equinox....and they had a masquerade party in the atrium. I will tell you it topped it all!

what a blast!!

feel free to share if they have any not too be missed nights like that !!

thanks

Brockmom

we are boarding in 6 weeks.

My interest is the entertainment and the food.

I know I will have a great time no matter what...but since your offering...

i will be interested to see how the food is...Do we spurge for the ultimate dinner package...or eat daily in the MDR like usual...because the MDR is really good ??/

And what bands are there....CD???

You can still have a good cruise without the best at sea......but it sure helps if the band plays danceable stuff and makes it a fun night !!!

3-4 years ago...we had the best staff house band ever on Equinox....and they had a masquerade party in the atrium. I will tell you it topped it all!

what a blast!!

feel free to share if they have any not too be missed nights like that !!

thanks

Brockmom

Dinner in the MDR tonight was very good. Table for 2 were VERY close to each other. Comedian was the show tonight, funny. Excellent live music (60's, 70;s and 80's) on deck 3 after the show. Compared to Carnival the food quality is better. Much less crowded ship without lines for everything. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Definatly more sedate however. Will post more.

Day 3 heading to San Juan. The crew is the best I have encountered. The shows have been good, not spectacular. Food in MDR has been very good. We are so pleased we booked another cruise on this ship for next year.

Loving your review! Were there any incentives for booking on board? Thank you.

I've been enjoying this thread, as we'll be on the Silhouette next week. As further preparation for our trip, I was just looking at our pictures from our March 2009 cruise on the Solstice. I had taken a picture of the cabin TV screen which showed our Onboard Account information.

We were issued a $56 credit, per person, for "OBR-ONB CREDIT FUEL CREDIT"

I had forgotten about this until just now looking at my photos. I recall receiving small credit amounts a couple of other times through my 25-year cruising history.

I was wondering if you've received any type of fuel credit on the Silhouette, or has anyone who has recently cruised on any line, ship, received such a thing.

I've been enjoying this thread, as we'll be on the Silhouette next week. As further preparation for our trip, I was just looking at our pictures from our March 2009 cruise on the Solstice. I had taken a picture of the cabin TV screen which showed our Onboard Account information.

We were issued a $56 credit, per person, for "OBR-ONB CREDIT FUEL CREDIT"

I had forgotten about this until just now looking at my photos. I recall receiving small credit amounts a couple of other times through my 25-year cruising history.

I was wondering if you've received any type of fuel credit on the Silhouette, or has anyone who has recently cruised on any line, ship, received such a thing.

No extra credit

We are boarding next Sunday. Would be interested in any spa specials you notice or specials on men's services(shave etc)

Enjoy your cruise!!

And we board in 1 month! First time on Celebrity for us, and we're very excited. Very happy to hear about the food and service.

One question: how was embarkation? I've read some not so great reports here on CC.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise! Looking forward to reading your thoughts. :)

And we board in 1 month! First time on Celebrity for us, and we're very excited. Very happy to hear about the food and service.

One question: how was embarkation? I've read some not so great reports here on CC.

Easiest embarkation ever. Got to port around 11:30. On the ship by 11:50. No wait, no hassle.

I remember you from a Princess cruise we took several years ago!! I have been sailing Celebrity the past few years due to pricing and itinerary. I think you will be very satisfied. Overall, it is a fantastic experience.

Enjoy!!!

Mindi:D

Easiest embarkation ever. Got to port around 11:30. On the ship by 11:50. No wait, no hassle.

Thanks for the info. That's great to hear. We sailed on Princess out of Pier 2 last November and had the quickest embarkation ever there, as well: essentially exactly what you described for the Silhouette. :)

I remember you from a Princess cruise we took several years ago!! I have been sailing Celebrity the past few years due to pricing and itinerary. I think you will be very satisfied. Overall, it is a fantastic experience.

Enjoy!!!

Mindi:D

Howdy! Thanks for the input. We're really looking forward to it!

Please remember or look for the recent posts, if one has to embark at terminal 29, there can be a delay as customs clears dis-embarking passengers first as they are in the same hall as embarking passengers.

A recent post cited a wait time of up to three (3) hours due to this.

bon voyage..

Just a quick update. Got into San Juan 2 hours early yesterday. Fun evening in San Juan. Getting ready to leave St Kitts now. Beautiful place. The crew continues to be the best I have experienced. Comedy juggler last night started slow but ended up funny as heck. Getting ready for dinner now. Will post more later.

Just a quick update. Got into San Juan 2 hours early yesterday. Fun evening in San Juan. Getting ready to leave St Kitts now. Beautiful place. The crew continues to be the best I have experienced. Comedy juggler last night started slow but ended up funny as heck. Getting ready for dinner now. Will post more later.

Cheers. Enjoy.:D

Glad your having a nice cruise.

Were on for the TA back to the UK in April and was wondering how the entertainment has been. Not so much the shows, but the House band, Guitar Solo etc. Of course I know this can and probably will change prior to the summer season in Europe.

We had in our opinion very disappointing entertainment on the Equinox last summer, and just hoping for an improvement.

We were on the Allure for New Year, and the entertainment was ok.

If you could maybe post who's on board, that would be appreciated.

Thank you and hope you have a lovely end to your cruise

Glad your having a nice cruise.

Were on for the TA back to the UK in April and was wondering how the entertainment has been. Not so much the shows, but the House band, Guitar Solo etc. Of course I know this can and probably will change prior to the summer season in Europe.

We had in our opinion very disappointing entertainment on the Equinox last summer, and just hoping for an improvement.

We were on the Allure for New Year, and the entertainment was ok.

If you could maybe post who's on board, that would be appreciated.

Thank you and hope you have a lovely end to your cruise

The House Band, Front Row is quite good. The evening shows have been good, not great. No more production shows. Comedian, singers, bands. Last night was Tenors of Rock was quite good. Tonight comedian Rondell Sheridan. I am pleased to see live music making a comeback, orchestra, solo guitar, swing band, and the house band all have been very good.

Today is the last full day, it has been a spectacular vacation. Service, food, comfort all fantastic. Embarkation was the quickest ever. We are doing see demarcation, hopefully it will go smoothly. Already looking forward to our next Celebrity Cruise!

Any questions?