Specialty dinners prebooked - another RC problem

MS52

I prebooked three specialty dinners for four cabins prior to our cruise. Three dinners were $120 per person and the deal was a 30% rebate in obc given on the first day of the cruise according to the web page.

When I booked the offer, I printed out the page just in case I had any problems.

Checked on day 2, no obc.

Checked on day 5, no obc.

Checked on day 7, no obc (I was told on that day, we wouldn't receive credit until all dinners were over in case you cancelled.)

Checked on day 9, (all dinners were over), no obc. Was told it would be posted after 4 PM

Checked on day 10, (had final bill) no obc.

We were finally given a 20% rebate.-not what was due. I think the only reason they gave it to me was to get me off the ship!

In case you think I spent a lot of time on this, I really didn't. I always check my bill about every other day to make sure it is correct. so we don't have to deal with it at the end. Found four mistakes (wrong charges) through the week.

Cruise itself was excellent. Dinners were lovely. I wouldn't pre-book again based on an offer promised. I just don't like a company doing business that way.

Edited by MS52

I don't know what's going on with them! It took me months and hours of phone calls to try to synch three cabins' dining reservations. Finally when I thought it was all set, I got an email that my one reservation was cancelled. I called and was told it was a system error. But I couldn't rebook it for the same time. What a nuisance! I think their whole web reservation system needs a reboot! Plus they owe me a free dinner for all my hours of aggravation.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you were only entitled to 20%. If you look at the paperwork, it says UP TO 30%. The promotion was actually 30% for 5 dinners (25 for four and 20 for three). Yes, you should not have had to fight for it, but the percentage wasn't wrong.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2219827

Edited by denatravels

danatravel is correct, 3 dinners = 20 %.

Anyway, this has been discontinued and now you can prebook a package 3, 4 or 5 restaurants for a fixed price - see here.

BTW it definitely took more than one day to get the discount on our onboard account last year on the Allure. The system was too complicated and you never were able to check whether you got the correct amount back (I pay in Euro and of course my onboard account is in USD).

steamboats