reservations in specialty restaurants

bfamily4

dh and I plan on dining at moderno. I would like to make reservations for my family of 4, but the kids will just eat off the kids menu. my understanding is that the kids eat free off the kids menu. when making reservations online, do I just reserve 2 seats even though we will need a table for 4? If I reserve 4 the cart lists 4 people that I have to pay for.

Yes, just reserve for 2 and then request a table for 4 once you get onboard.

I would be dubious at doing this; they will book you a table for 2. There could be NO tables for 4 at the time you want if you try to change when you board/

You must make the reservation for the number in your party. You will receive a credit to your OB account for the children eating from the kids menu. Same happened to us on the Getaway when we ate at La Cucina.

While it may be a pain getting the overpayment back as OBC it would be far safer this way.

Mike

I was trying to make reservations as well and we are party of 3 and some places only let me book table for 2 or 4. I hate to book 4 and get charged or book 2 and not have room for the 3rd. This Freestyle stuff is not so much after all.

It was a lot better when you didn't have to PRE-book everything and it was truly a freestyle concept.

I have had no problems not prebooking on the nonaway ships, seems many prebook because they can, not because they must.

I was trying to make reservations as well and we are party of 3 and some places only let me book table for 2 or 4. I hate to book 4 and get charged or book 2 and not have room for the 3rd. This Freestyle stuff is not so much after all.

I was unable to book for 3 as well on our last Getaway cruise. I did not want to book for 4 because I didn't need the onboard credit. I also heard it was a hassle. We waited until we boarded, went straight to the dining reservations area and had no problems getting the places we wanted or the times.

I was unable to book for 3 as well on our last Getaway cruise. I did not want to book for 4 because I didn't need the onboard credit. I also heard it was a hassle. We waited until we boarded, went straight to the dining reservations area and had no problems getting the places we wanted or the times.

I had no problems booking for 3 on Getaway and also Epic, but both times I booked the day reservations opened, which might have made a difference. In any event, we always end up moving them around once on the ship, so no different than if we'd waited to book on the ship.

We tried to book specialty dining at 3 locations for 11 people for two nights and 6 people for 1 night at LeBistro. TA called and was told only time available was 5:30 and 9:30. Also theta said because we were 11 it would have to go through "events" and would get back to us in a month or so. Freestyle?? I like on Celebrity having an 8:30 or 6:30 reservation and no waiting. I wonder how long we will have to wait at MDR's.

I've never pre booked any restaurant. The longest wait I've had is MDR 25 mins. I really wouldn't want to commit to a time and venue ahead of cruising. Who knows how you'll feel that day, what you'll be up to. What you fancy for eating.

Edited by NCLfamily

We tried to book specialty dining at 3 locations for 11 people for two nights and 6 people for 1 night at LeBistro. TA called and was told only time available was 5:30 and 9:30.

You will find that they will only book about 30% of places before departure and the other times fill out quickly. The other thing being that they don't really like large bookings at the critical times. 2s and 4s arrive "around" the booked time and need serving "as and when" so the staff are spread out. A large group "ties up" staff more.

You will probably find you can get the time you want so long as you get to the booking desk as soon as you get on board, provided no one beats you.

Mike

We tried to book specialty dining at 3 locations for 11 people for two nights and 6 people for 1 night at LeBistro. TA called and was told only time available was 5:30 and 9:30. Also theta said because we were 11 it would have to go through "events" and would get back to us in a month or so. Freestyle?? I like on Celebrity having an 8:30 or 6:30 reservation and no waiting. I wonder how long we will have to wait at MDR's.

We've been a party of ten on two cruises with NCL and never waited longer than 25 minutes in MDR.