13 days ? Time to call for upsell?

Pat

Eek! I have to tell someone and because I want to surprise my family I'm telling you! I just upgraded us from an Inside to a Family Suite with a balcony for $1000 total! Thanks to everyone on CC that gave me the idea!

Congrats! Can you tell us the date and ship?

Eek! I have to tell someone and because I want to surprise my family I'm telling you! I just upgraded us from an Inside to a Family Suite with a balcony for $1000 total! Thanks to everyone on CC that gave me the idea!

For comparison sake, what would that have cost normally?

Congrats! Can you tell us the date and ship?

Dawn 1-31-16

For comparison sake, what would that have cost normally?

If I booked it today I would have paid $6500 for 4 with no perks. No idea how much it would have cost if I had booked sooner, but I did a mock for the same ship/week next year and it would cost about $6500 with the 4 perks. I paid $2700 total with UDP and UBP. I feel like I got a great deal! Now to break the news to hubby that I spent an extra $1000.....

So what process did you follow? You called the number and directly asked for if there was any upsells for your reservation?

Yep! I called several times before upsells were available starting at 3 weeks out. There was a ton of suites/mini suites available and only inside guarantees available, so I figured our chances were good!

I have 2 inside rooms, as I have a family of 5.

I wonder if an upsell into a family suite would be in NCL's interest and might make me a nice offer, given that instead of freeing up one room, this would actually free up 2 rooms for them to re-sell.

Has anyone been through the same scenario or heard of that happening before?

I'm guessing this is just wishful thinking. :) :)

I should try this for my Getaway cruise in May.

I have an interior room booked. Has anyone ever upgraded from interior to balcony? If so how much extra did it cost you?

Anything from approx $0 to $300. But that all depends on the upsell people.

Don't call till 10 to 15 days before the cruise.

Edited by Arzeena

I wonder if an upsell into a family suite would be in NCL's interest and might make me a nice offer, given that instead of freeing up one room, this would actually free up 2 rooms for them to re-sell.

You will never know till you call. 2 weeks before the d day is the usual time frame. Good luck.:)

I have a dumb question. Well, maybe not dumb, but it might make me seem greedy [emoji15]. Is it possible to get an upsell if you are sailing on a comp from CAS? We had a comped inside and paid to upgrade to a balcony, and I was just wondering if it will be worth taking a shot and calling if it looks like there are suites or mini-suites available a couple of weeks before sailing, or if they do not offer up sells on CAS reservations. I would really appreciate if anyone could share any experience with this!

I think I read another post a while back on this forum that you would need to "cancel" the second room and lose what you had paid (or just keep it and upgrade the other one).

T

We had no intention to upgrade. I researched POA a lot and finally chose SG suite on deck 12. We have all four promotions, UDP, paid grats, excursion credit and OBC.

Sailing 1/30 and decided to call upsell dept to see what they might have.

Ended up actually upgrading to deluxe Owners Suite.

Since we will never repeat this cruise again, we decided it was worth the additional $1,500.

First time in OS , curious to see what it will be since it is Hawaii and no liquor can be given in promotions. I guess it will be wine???

Okay, so I just had the weirdest thing happen. I called the upsell department (my third time this week as today we are just 10 days out from the cruise). On Monday I was told nothing available, on Tuesday I was given multiple choices of a number of categories but none of them were at a discount for me so I declined, I didn't call on Wednesday, I called again today and was told, again, there is nothing available for that cruise. I know that all of the cabins that were available on Tuesday are still available today. Any guesses why this might happen?

I received the upsell email this week for my 1/31 cruise but it was for several different suites at a price I wasnt willing to pay. Had my PCC call today to see if we could get an upsell to a balcony. Turns out there are only a few left so they aren't doing any upsells on balcony or mini suites.

Edited by carontori

I received the upsell email this week for my 1/31 cruise but it was for several different suites at a price I wasnt willing to pay. Had my PCC call today to see if we could get an upsell to a balcony. Turns out there are only a few left so they aren't doing any upsells on balcony or mini suites.

out of curiosity may i ask what they offered you and for how much, just so i know what to expect if it ever happens to me, thanks

out of curiosity may i ask what they offered you and for how much, just so i know what to expect if it ever happens to me, thanks

I'm in a mini suite and was offered 500 pp to a family suite; 750 pp to a Penthouse suite; 1000 pp to a 2 bedroom family suite or to a DOS. The prices figured out to be about the same as it would have cost me to initially book any of them.

I'm in a mini suite and was offered 500 pp to a family suite; 750 pp to a Penthouse suite; 1000 pp to a 2 bedroom family suite or to a DOS. The prices figured out to be about the same as it would have cost me to initially book any of them.

i agree i do not feel that is a great deal, that would not have made me upgrade either, thanks for the info