13 days ? Time to call for upsell?

Pat

13 Days until our cruise. We are booked in a MA mini suite. Would like to score an upsell to a full suite (there are lots of them left). Is it time for me to start calling the upsell #? The specific suite I'm looking at is currently priced $1100pp more than I paid for the mini. What can I expect to pay for the upsell? Would love to hear from anyone who might have advice for me. Thanks in advance for your help. Pat

Edited by Pat
Wrong word

13 Days until our cruise. We are booked in a MA mini suite. Would like to score an upsell to a full suite (there are lots of them left). Is it time for me to start calling the upsell #? The specific suite I'm looking at is currently priced $1100pp more than I paid for the mini. What can I expect to pay for the upsell? Would love to hear from anyone who might have advice for me. Thanks in advance for your help. Pat

You can try and can always say no if the price is too high and try again a little closer. We booked our mini around 8 days before the cruise, then called 6 days before and got the upsell to the Haven 2 bedroom family villa.

What ship are you on?

You're within two weeks, I would give it a shot. Let us know what they say!!! :) GL

I called the upsell 10 days before we sailed and was offered a Courtyard suite for $1,500 total. Everyone in the group did not want to shell out another $500, so I waited and called 5 days before we sailed and was only offered a two bedroom for $1,000 extra which we took. Now I really do not ever want to sail without being in the two bedroom suite. If you can afford the upsell go for it. My two best vacations ever were in the Haven.

You can try and can always say no if the price is too high and try again a little closer. We booked our mini around 8 days before the cruise, then called 6 days before and got the upsell to the Haven 2 bedroom family villa.

What ship are you on?

Star out of Tampa.

I've been following pricing pretty religiously and what I've noticed from the last few sailings is that the suites have also been fairly empty till around14 days out, then they start to disappear, so I'm thinking this is the start of the upsells. I've never tried this before, but everyone on this forum has such good advice that I think I'm ready to give it a go.

I just called upsell, for star out of Tampa for Jan 31st, I was told nothing available yet. I will try again in a few days.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll call either tomorrow or Wednesday and post the update here. But doesn't it seem like they should be getting on the stick, there are so many unfilled cabins, it must be a huge job trying to rearrange everyone..........

Edited by Pat

I would. I called about two weeks before my cruise on the Getaway, and we were able to go from a balcony to a spa balcony for $4.18/cabin. The thermal suite pass was well worth the additional cash, though the rooms weren't any different from the regular balconies. The worst they can do is give you a ridiculous price and you stay where you are and possibly try later.

I am on the 2/1/2016 Gem cruise, inside cabin.

So I just call them up and ask what upgrades are available? They dont just quote the website prices and can actually make deals?

Do your homework first, know how much cabins are going for now and then just ask if there are any upsells available for your reservation (you'll have to give them your reservation #) and they'll just tell you if anything is available or not and how much they'll take for specific cabins. You might be a couple of days early for yours, the closer you get to sailing the more prices go down unless the boat is full. The prices they quoted me today are better than the list prices but not as good as yesterday's list prices because yesterday everything went down around $300 for an 8 hour period then they went back up again. So I'm going to wait a few days and call back again.

e any upsells available for your reservation.

So only specific people coded in the system can get upsells and not anyone who calls and asks? If they say no upsells then it's pointless to try again the next day?

Next week we'll be in the 7 day countdown to departure so I will give it a go then and see what happens.

So only specific people coded in the system can get upsells and not anyone who calls and asks? If they say no upsells then it's pointless to try again the next day?

Next week we'll be in the 7 day countdown to departure so I will give it a go then and see what happens.

Called yesterday, they said no upsells, called today and they gave me the upsell options, I just didn't like any of them.......

I've been following pricing pretty religiously and what I've noticed from the last few sailings is that the suites have also been fairly empty till around14 days out, then they start to disappear, so I'm thinking this is the start of the upsells. I've never tried this before, but everyone on this forum has such good advice that I think I'm ready to give it a go.

How do you tell what rooms are empty? Our cruise isn't till October and currently have a balcony. Would dearly love a mini suite!! If there are more empty rooms there should be a better chance of upsell...right? Do you do a mock booking? Thanks

How do you tell what rooms are empty? Our cruise isn't till October and currently have a balcony. Would dearly love a mini suite!! If there are more empty rooms there should be a better chance of upsell...right? Do you do a mock booking? Thanks

Doing a mock booking is what I do to find out. Although the most they usually list at one time is 15 cabins.