AIBP/Shareholder Credit Issue

ssawjo

Sorry to see I am not the only one with this "problem". We have yet to hear from Customer Relations and will make calls on Monday. Does anyone have a direct line to Customer Relations? It would be appreciated and avoid a lot of phone time.

Thanks,

Bill and Kathi

Have to go through 1800princess.

Unfortunately, there is no update. After sending our original email on Jan. 18, and getting the canned email reply that someone will be in contact with us about this issue, nothing. Today, we resent the email to Customer Relations with the statement that we have heard nothing. Not to the point of frustration yet but at least someone from Princess should contact me about this. Again received the same canned email response.

I will soldier on about this until something gives.

Bill and Kathi

I am sorry to hear the trouble you've had. As a person who has been Eyeing CCL stock almost daily since Aug. I hate to hear this, PLUS as a person who booked under the sip and sail promotion, I certainly would not want the same thing to happen to us, had we got the stock. I know many haters will say, well that's shooting yourself in the foot. Well I've been watching CCL since Aug because I feel it still a little over-valued, I know it has a nice dividend but do I want to risk messing up my booking for a hundred bucks...No way, matter of fact I added insurance Sunday and was paranoid that it would mess up am AIBP....SO Princess has done itself no favors by doing the OP wrong.

Ps just curious I thought the credit for stock was $100, partybarbie listed 250...I'm NOT questioning her reply, she has ALWAYS been kind and upfront....just curious.

Edited by newcruzer2

Ps just curious I thought the credit for stock was $100, partybarbie listed 250...I'm NOT questioning her reply, she has ALWAYS been kind and upfront....just curious.

Yes, she's always kind & accurate (and fun to meet on a cruise) including the shareholder OBC credit amount which is $250 for cruises that are 14 days or longer ($50: 6 days or less; $100: 7-13 days).

The credit amounts are the same for the Princess military benefit which doesn't require purchasing anything...anything other than a couple of years of military service. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Received an email reply today from Princess regarding our resent email. According to them, there is a four week backlog of "cases" and to be patient. OK, but I will not go away.

To Newcruzer: I would go ahead and buy the CCL stock. It was down again today. You can use on some other future cruise. It will always be there until you sell.

Bill

Received an email reply today from Princess regarding our resent email. According to them, there is a four week backlog of "cases" and to be patient. OK, but I will not go away.

To Newcruzer: I would go ahead and buy the CCL stock. It was down again today. You can use on some other future cruise. It will always be there until you sell.

Bill

IMO this issue goes back MUCH further then 4 weeks. :rolleyes:

Yes, she's always kind & accurate (and fun to meet on a cruise) including the shareholder OBC credit amount which is $250 for cruises that are 14 days or longer ($50: 6 days or less; $100: 7-13 days).

The credit amounts are the same for the Princess military benefit which doesn't require purchasing anything...anything other than a couple of years of military service. ;)

That is so nice of you to say Frank. I hope we get to cruise with you and Helena again soon. :D

LOL, you are one that is being kind. I just tell it like it is, based on my experiences of course. ;)

Bill

Thanks for getting back to all of us. Did they say if they had fixed the problem for future cruisers?

Cynthia

Thanks for getting back to all of us. Did they say if they had fixed the problem for future cruisers?

Cynthia

No, just that we can expect an answer in four weeks. It was just a generic email response.

Bill

I am hoping that this was a computer glitch and that they can straighten it out for you as your shareholder credit should not have affected your AIBP

But...were you all in the same cabin??...some AIBP promotions are only good for the first two people in the cabin.

I am hoping that this was a computer glitch and that they can straighten it out for you as your shareholder credit should not have affected your AIBP

But...were you all in the same cabin??...some AIBP promotions are only good for the first two people in the cabin.

That's exactly what I was going to bring up. If you signed up for the "Sip and Sail" promotion, it stated in the fine print that only the first 2 people in the cabin were eligible. This may have been the case. You and your son received the AIBP but not your wife.

Cheers,

Per the OP:

We booked this cruise many months ago because we wanted the family suite. It had to be booked under two different booking numbers for some reason. My DS and I were on one booking and my DW under another. My DW and I are elite and my DS is on his second cruise (his first was 19 years ago). In September 2015 I saw a promotion for a free AIBP and called. I got it for all of us and received email confirmations (two separate confirmations because of the two different booking numbers).

It seems like the OP's wife had her own booking number and was paying the single supplement? Maybe someone that sails as a single would know how the AIBP promotion works with the single supplement?

Per the OP:

[

It seems like the OP's wife had her own booking number and was paying the single supplement? Maybe someone that sails as a single would know how the AIBP promotion works with the single supplement?

Not really sure what you are asking here. What would the single supplement matter to having a AIBP "gift", which I confirmed and have the email. Also, the shareholder benefit was added after final payment. The promotion said nothing about a single supplement. Yes, there were separate booking numbers to actually save money because it was our DS's first cruise. it was a suite so the price was higher.

Bill

Not really sure what you are asking here. What would the single supplement matter to having a AIBP "gift", which I confirmed and have the email. Also, the shareholder benefit was added after final payment. The promotion said nothing about a single supplement. Yes, there were separate booking numbers to actually save money because it was our DS's first cruise. it was a suite so the price was higher.

Bill

I was trying to understand if your wife was charged double the price of you and your son. If you only have three passengers in the family suite, are you charged extra for not having a fourth person in the room? I don't know that much about the family suites, because I've never stayed in one.

When we sailed three in a cabin, my name went first, then my aunt's, then the aunt who was on her first cruise. The aunt on her first cruise went for $199. Her cruise was the cheapest because she was the third person, but it didn't have anything do with how many cruises she had been on.

I'm wondering why you couldn't all be on the same booking number? Maybe someone made a mistake on your original booking and it was caught when you sent in the Shareholder Credit?

I sincerely hope that everything is resolved to your satisfaction.

Edited by partybarbie

I was trying to understand if your wife was charged double the price of you and your son. If you only have three passengers in the family suite, are you charged extra for not having a fourth person in the room? I don't know that much about the family suites, because I've never stayed in one.

When we sailed three in a cabin, my name went first, then my aunt's, then the aunt who was on her first cruise. The aunt on her first cruise went for $199. Her cruise was the cheapest because she was the third person, but it didn't have anything do with how many cruises she had been on.

I'm wondering why you couldn't all be on the same booking number? Maybe someone made a mistake on your original booking and it was caught when you sent in the Shareholder Credit?

I sincerely hope that everything is resolved to your satisfaction.

I understand your question now. There are technically two cabins, one is similar to a minisuite and the other an interior cabin connected by a door. There are two cabin numbers. The only way to reserve this suite is to do so directly with Princess. Actually, the way we did it was less expensive. BUT, that should not preclude receiving the AIBP promotion and having it deleted just because we used our shareholder OBC.

Bill

No, it's a computer glitch Princess can't fix. Call them and they'll give you a "customer goodwill" credit instead of the shareholders credit. That's how they fixed it for me.

Agree it is most likely a computer glitch. Will they credit me the $394 I had to spend for my DW's AIBP as "customer goodwill"? Remember the cruise is done.

Thanks for your response however.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Today, Princess called us and apologized for the mix-up regarding the AIBP and the shareholder credit. Princess could not explain what happened and the lady who called seemed as dumb founded as we were. Anyway, they offered a refund on the credit card we used OR $225/pp or $450 OBC on our next cruise. Since we will be on a 20 day South Pacific cruise next year, we took the OBC. It will appear as such on our personalizer.

Sometimes it pays to be persistent.

Thanks all for your input and advice.

Bill and Kathi

Good outcome. Hopefully your issue means that others will be spared the angst you had.

I mailed the Shareholder form on Friday and I was credited the $250 today. I guess the computer glitch is fixed because I still have my All Inclusive Beverage Package. Thanks to the CC person that got this straightened.

I mailed the Shareholder form on Friday and I was credited the $250 today. I guess the computer glitch is fixed because I still have my All Inclusive Beverage Package. Thanks to the CC person that got this straightened.

Did you send it snail mail or email?

Just trying to get an idea about how long it currently takes to issue the SOBC and to wait long enough before calling them.

Edited by Astro Flyer