5 things you would/wouldn't bring

Tas55

Ooh! Lights! Does X have regular light switches or do I need to bring a card to stick in a slot to make the power work? (I'll be on Reflection if that matters.)

Your room card will do the trick.:p

Not sure about the Reflection but there are the normal switches on all the X ships I have been on, cards are not required to activate the lights or A/C. :D

Edited by MicCanberra

Your room card will do the trick.:p

Not sure about the Reflection but there are the normal switches on all the X ships I have been on, cards are not required to activate the lights or A/C. :D

Thanks! It's always better to ask. I try to bring an empty gift card or something for those power slots because knowing me I'd leave my room card in there every time. :)

These are the things I found useful on my last cruise:

1. Plastic basket with suction attachment to the shower glass wall inside the shower (to hold all shampoo bottles, razor etc. inside the shower on a right hight). The shower shelf is quite small and the bottles tend to drop on the floor.

2. Hooks (suction to the shower glass door on the outside and magnetic ones on the cabin walls)

3. S-hooks (bigger ones). The wall hooks on the cabin walls are quite short (1-2 cm).

4. Big laundry bag to be placed on the clothes cabin floor.

5. Light weight basket or a small tray for sun glasses, rings, watches, hair bands etc.

6. Led light for reading in the evening or early morning (the kind you can attach to the head with a elastic band and the amount of light can be selected). The night light in the cabin next to the bed is quite strong and will wake up the cabin roommate.

In case you require an unlimited internet package and need to check work e-mail or have Facetime meetings during the cruise, and you are able to charge it as your work/company/employer expense, you may do so at the guest relations desk. They can charge the internet package fee separately on another credit card than what is on your cabin account/sea pass for your cruise expenses.

So my last advise is to take your company credit card with you even if you are traveling on a private vacation.

Here's some items not mentioned:

Small sewing kit for emergencies.

Nightlight for the bathroom. I went to a local hardware store and they took a plug adapter and cut and filed it down and bingo I have a nightlight adapter for my nightlight in the bathroom. The adapter was necessary as the plug is a non polarized socket. I remove it during the day.

I bring my IPad and have a clock app that I can control the brightness and leave it out at night so its easy to see the time. I sometimes write a blog on my cruise and my IPad come in handy for this.

Tom:)