Embarkation lunch menu for MDR on Regal

smilz

Anybody have the menu for MDR open for lunch on embarkation day on Regal? I really don't want to start with the calories from Alfredo's as soon as we board and DH doesn't want to do the buffet on the first day with our carry-ons. I have always started with the salmon for lunch in the MDR and I understand they don't have it anymore. Need to formulate plan B! Last cruise as Platinum!!

I honestly don't remember what our choices were at the embarkation lunch, but I do remember being pleasantly surprised. We had read about the very limited menu, only one or two choices, etc. There were probably 6 choices in each category. We were completely satisfied with the selections and the quality.

Why would you have to take your carry on to the buffet? Our cabin was advertised as being ready when we boarded and indeed this was our experience. We went to our cabin, dropped our carry on stuff, and then headed for lunch.

I honestly don't remember what our choices were at the embarkation lunch' date=' but I do remember being pleasantly surprised. We had read about the very limited menu, only one or two choices, etc. There were probably 6 choices in each category. We were completely satisfied with the selections and the quality.

Why would you have to take your carry on to the buffet? Our cabin was advertised as being ready when we boarded and indeed this was our experience. We went to our cabin, dropped our carry on stuff, and then headed for lunch.[/quote']

Cabins are not accessible until 1pm. Bulkhead doors are closed off so you can't even get in the hallway

Cabins are not accessible until 1pm. Bulkhead doors are closed off so you can't even get in the hallway

Not true. Cabins are always available when you board. You must be mixing up Princess and another cruise line. Or else you had a one-off situation.

Not true. Cabins are always available when you board. You must be mixing up Princess and another cruise line. Or else you had a one-off situation.

On the Regal princess in December, we were handed notes on shore that the rooms would not be ready until 1 p.m. As it was the only cruise I took in December, I am not mixing it up. Multiple other posts confirm the cabins not being ready upon boarding.

The dining room menu for embarkation lunch was 1/3 of the size of previous Princess cruises. There was nothing on it that was safe for me to eat, which is an anomaly on princess.

Very limited choices for lunch on embarkation day.You are better off trying the horizon for more choices.

long cruiser

If many choices is your goal, I agree. If a quiet ambiance free of crowds is the goal, the MDR is the place.

Agree with other posters - Regal had cabins not open until 1 on both legs of our back-to-back (smaller ships are open when you get on).

Didn't think to check the MDR menu - buffet is so spectacular we were not tempted. Seating no where near as tight as other ships, and a ton of seating on the Lido deck, including all the way forward near the adult area. We grab a table and take turns hitting the buffet. Also a ton of tables behind the buffet.

And a LOT more choice than other ships, including seafood, ethnic items, a whole cross-corridor of just desserts, ...