Room Arrangement

Arod1313

Does anyone know how to change the room arrangement under preferences and requests under my "countdown to cruise"? Right now it just says unknown but I'm not seeing anything I can click on to change it. Thanks

You normally cannot change that attribute unless you had initially booked your cruise using Royal's website. Contact whoever booked your cruise to change it. Alternatively, you can request the stateroom attendant to make the change on embarkation day.

If it helps at all, I had changed that in my last cruise booking, and STILL had to get the attendant to change it. He told me that there standard was to leave all the beds separated (I believe), and change it when asked on day one. So it may not be worth going to the trouble of changing it in your booking now.

Edited by KiwiGal117

I have never had any luck either, and always request the beds apart on the reservation

. The room attendant is always very helpful and has it taken care of by the time we are ready for bed. Of course there is a tip involved :)

On my last Royal Caribbean cruise I requested separate beds on my booking but found that the beds were made up as a double when we arrived. I asked at the reception if they could be separated and was told that all the beds are made up as doubles for the arrivals and then re-made later on when the beds are turned down. Apart from the huge amount of additional work that this must involve for the cabin stewards, we had to wait until very late that night before the beds were actually prepared as we had requested. I certainly did not tip anyone for giving me the cabin layout that I had requested almost a year previously, as this is what their job is.

If the beds aren't as you want them, tell your attendant, and they will fix it before bedtime. Not a big deal at all. No need to mess with the online thing now!

I agree. If you're going to be out of your cabin at 5 pm when the attendants start work again, just write a note and leave it on the bed. They work 5-9, so you want to catch them during that time so it doesn't become a late night problem.

It really depends on the quality of your stateroom attendant.

On our last cruise on Enchantment we had an awesome attendant. We had connecting rooms with preferences of 1 cabin set for "beds together" and 1 cabin set for "beds apart". When we got to the cabins we found the stateroom attendant had it setup perfectly as requested and had the connecting door unlocked and opened.

A little over a year prior to that we went on Enchantment with the same exact scenario (connecting rooms with 1 set to together and 1 set to apart). That stateroom attendant was pretty bad the entire cruise. When we got to the cabins we found they were both setup with beds together and the connecting door was locked. It wasn't until after dinner that he got the door open and the beds correct.