Cabin Service Decrease

Jana60

Why doesn't Carnival have those little wheel thingys that you turn to say make up room or turndown service. This way if you only want the service once you only ask for once but tomorrow you can have it 2x if you want. This all sounds so complicated for something so simple:D:eek:

Why doesn't Carnival have those little wheel thingys that you turn to say make up room or turndown service. This way if you only want the service once you only ask for once but tomorrow you can have it 2x if you want. This all sounds so complicated for something so simple:D:eek:

Yes, it would be simple to implement a system for people to choose make-up and turn down service. The issue is that it looks as if Carnival wants you to pick only one option. They don't want to do both imo.

Yes, it would be simple to implement a system for people to choose make-up and turn down service. The issue is that it looks as if Carnival wants you to pick only one option. They don't want to do both imo.

I agree with your statement.

I can appreciate how passionate you are about this, but I would disagree that Carnival is or was ever comparable to a 5 Star experience. Pricing is not only based on star level but also market conditions, which is why a 5 star hotel in Boise might be cheaper than say, Miami and also why even the Motel 6 could garner "5 Star" type pricing if it's located close enough to say, where the Super Bowl is being held. $200 a night could be a reasonable price for any hotel regardless of star level depending on various conditions.

The point is that Carnival has in the past met the technical criteria for a five star hotel as far as having all of the services and amenities required for the title whether you personally feel it was a five star experience or not. With the loss of twice daily service Carnival would fail to meet even the technical criteria for a five star hotel. If I were Carnival management that fact would disturb me!

My six most recent cruises have been split between RCI and Carnival. Only the most recent one on Pride started this "experiment." Our room steward spoke to my wife at the cabin. He said he intended to do both am and pm service. That was not the experience some others on the same cruise had.

That cruise was in October. I sailed RCI Grandeur also out of Baltimore earlier this month. Twice a day service; no surveys, no requests - same as it has been.

Sometimes we tell our room stewards that we don't need a second service or maybe just towels. We do that as a courtesy to their workload.

Those expressing sentiment that you are fine with once a day, had you been telling that to your room stewards before this experiment began? If given the option, will you intentionally be selecting once a day?

Thanks for the reply.

The thing that gets me are some that say "I don't need service twice a day" okay, just tell you steward, which you could have done at any time. CCL does not need to develop a card for this because this option was available before this all developed, unless they have a service modification plan.

Or maybe, just maybe it could be as simple as giving someone options. We cruise with many who party late and and sleep in. Being able to select once a day makes it easier for everyone, them, the room steward and maybe even old man Occam (either with or without his razor);).

I for one am glad to see this option. It's such a hassle remembering to put the do not disturb sign out when I've been out partying late and want to sleep in. I sometimes even forget to turn the dead bolt knob and lock the balcony door. Those cabin attendants can be relentless in the morning trying to get into the cabin to make my bed.

I can imagine wanting a day of room service, balcony, and ice twice and couple of showers...with all the needs in any set of cabins.....I personally think it is a headache to keep track of once, twice...etc. Seems like more trouble than it is worth unless they are testing waters to make it once a day.... or eventually create some less service cost uniformity. I suppose with 2 or more travelers.....most at least want ice and towels 2 times....if they change...they change...it all changes for budget. I see real problems with the upper and sofa bed changes. I understand how people get bonded to a set amount of perks and things they like...change has to happen gradually and with well thought out plans....on the budget level all the way to the luxury level it seems less happens more often than more. I see both sides as usual. Adore room service and lazing in a hotel room for a day...I admit...LOL...in a room with a view...a book, a drink or 2 and lots of soda...and room service. I can see needing 3 times a week as a solo with a balcony...lol..darn I want that balcony..lol.

Edited by sjn911

The point is that Carnival has in the past met the technical criteria for a five star hotel as far as having all of the services and amenities required for the title whether you personally feel it was a five star experience or not. With the loss of twice daily service Carnival would fail to meet even the technical criteria for a five star hotel. If I were Carnival management that fact would disturb me!

Unless I am truly uninformed, it's not just my personal experience as to whether Carnival offers a five star experience. Carnival doesn't even market themselves as such. Anyone who's spent any time at a 5 or even 4 star all-inclusive resort will be able to tell you the Carnival experience is not even close. Carnival does what they do well, but anyone who gets on one of their ships expecting the Ritz Carlton will surely be disappointed. Even passengers booked in suites on Carnival shouldn't expect to be blown away by the service.

Unless I am truly uninformed, it's not just my personal experience as to whether Carnival offers a five star experience. Carnival doesn't even market themselves as such. Anyone who's spent any time at a 5 or even 4 star all-inclusive resort will be able to tell you the Carnival experience is not even close. Carnival does what they do well, but anyone who gets on one of their ships expecting the Ritz Carlton will surely be disappointed. Even passengers booked in suites on Carnival shouldn't expect to be blown away by the service.

I disagree. I've been on cruises with Carnival which did supply five star service. But it's okay if we don't all share the same opinion. I still am hoping that Carnival wishes to maintain the level of service that they have heretofore provided.

Edited by Jana60