Cabin Service Decrease

Jana60

You must've accidentally overlooked my reply asking what site can I go to to see these survey results myself. I'd love to see them.

These were posts by JH (on his site) that people responded to' date=' not actually a true survey.[/size']

They are definitely in an underhanded way trying to get to once a day service. I knew this from the start when they billed it as "more options for the guest"-BOLOGNA! 97.8% of people want twice a day, and they're trying to say a lot of people want this :cool:. Then they started with the "work load" of our stewards crap. BS!!! Like Carnival really cares about them. If they take away them having to do that twice a day they'll send them down to the bowels of the ship to fold towels.

So sad....you do not own shares of Carnival Cruise Lines. No one does.

Not sure if you are trying to point out that the stock is issued for Carnival Corp and not the actual Carnival Cruise Line segment of the company or if you really don't know that Carnival Corp is traded on the NYSE.

I just spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for the many post on JH's page you speak of. How far back do I have to go. I easily went through over 100 and didn't see one yet. Not doubting you but would like to read these post.

Not true and anyone who goes and reads it will know that. There is a rule against stating the name of the site here or I would help you find the surveys.

Edited by Jana60

I'll ask again since my question has not been answered: Has JH reneged on his assurance he made that the forms would be changed to include a tick box for "both" services?

When JH posed the question on that other site that shall remain nameless, several people responded that the steward asked them the morning or evening question while holding a clipboard - the passenger was not handed the form to fill out themselves, so they had no way of knowing how the form was printed.

People requesting both services mentioned different reactions from their steward - a stunned look; a 2nd request to choose one or the other; and I think one even said they were initially told that they couldn't have both.

Indeed it seems that this new "choice" is not being implemented consistently.

I see people reporting from the Pride - the comments I saw were mostly from the Dream. What other ships have rolled this out?

If they take away them having to do that twice a day they'll send them down to the bowels of the ship to fold towels.

I made this same point here when the pilot program was announced and I still believe it. If anyone thinks Carnival has the employees sleep and rest times foremost in their corporate decision making you're deluded.

I believe their point was we can purchase Carnival Corporation stock, not Carnival Cruise Line as you stated.

Carnival Corporation owns Carnival Cruise Line. If you own Carnival Corporation YOU own Carnival Cruise Line. That's why in recognition of that ownership the corporation gives you OBC for your Carnival Cruises if you are a shareholder.

When JH posed the question on that other site that shall remain nameless, several people responded that the steward asked them the morning or evening question while holding a clipboard - the passenger was not handed the form to fill out themselves, so they had no way of knowing how the form was printed.

People requesting both services mentioned different reactions from their steward - a stunned look; a 2nd request to choose one or the other; and I think one even said they were initially told that they couldn't have both.

Indeed it seems that this new "choice" is not being implemented consistently.

I see people reporting from the Pride - the comments I saw were mostly from the Dream. What other ships have rolled this out?

That's all correct. John specifically announced that "the beards" got the word and going forward new forms would be printed with a tick box for "both." So I'm asking if a form will be used and if so will it include a tick box for "both"?

Thanks!

Edited by sanmarcosman

I'll ask again since my question has not been answered: Has JH reneged on his assurance he made that the forms would be changed to include a tick box for "both" services?

I don't know if I would say he had reneged on his statement, but on my December Dream cruise there was no third option on the form for both.

Carnival Corporation owns Carnival Cruise Line. If you own Carnival Corporation YOU own Carnival Cruise Line. That's why in recognition of that ownership the corporation gives you OBC for your Carnival Cruises if you are a shareholder.

Yes, of course, and as a shareholder I like it when others correctly refer to the name of the stock and not some colloquial term so that others on a public forum interested in purchasing shares can do so promptly so we all share in the success of the corporation that much sooner.

That's all correct. John specifically announced that "the beards" got the word and going forward new forms would be printed with a tick box for "both." So I'm asking if a form will be used and if so will it include a tick box for "both"?

Thanks!

Yes, but what I'm trying to say is that even if the form has a box for both, if the steward doesn't hand the form over to you then he can read it to you in any fashion he likes. If he doesn't want to do both, he may not verbally give that option.

Having the option for "both" on the form is a great start, but that form has got to get into the hands of the customer.

So I'm asking if a form will be used and if so will it include a tick box for "both"?

Thanks!

We can only hope! When I suggested that we must have a checkbox in a letter to him the response I got was that he has only received 5 complaints out of over 3,000 people and did not feel it was a significant problem. I disagree with him. I believe that if he did only receive 5 complaints they were the tip of the proverbial iceberg and not representative of the entire problem! Also as I previously stated if they do not clearly delineate the choices then they are denying that choice to the new passengers who are not aware that there ever was any other choice.

Edited by Jana60

Yes, but what I'm trying to say is that even if the form has a box for both, if the steward doesn't hand the form over to you then he can read it to you in any fashion he likes. If he doesn't want to do both, he may not verbally give that option.

Having the option for "both" on the form is a great start, but that form has got to get into the hands of the customer.

I understand, when I said "would a form be used" I meant will the form be used by the guest. I wasn't clear and I thank you for bringing this up.

Edited by sanmarcosman

That's where my recommendation that there be a slot for a passenger signature ensuring that the passenger IS the one making the choice! That would be the only way to ensure accountability!

Thanks

You're welcome. Did you find it and if so how many letter "C" choices do you count in the total number of replies? By my perusal of the replies I came up with over 97% choosing option "C" for twice daily service. It will be interesting to see how this plays out a year from now. Good luck to all whether you are an "A" "B" or "C."

I don't have to have both but I do expect the morning service and maybe if I ask for extra towels and a bucket of ice they won't have to service my room twice. I'm all about making it easy on them as well, they have a lot to do. Yes I'm aware that is their job but if my being a bit flexible will make it easier for them to deal with someone who may not be as flexible then hey cool. I'd make it clear to my steward and if they were unable to do as I asked then I'd have to check the box for both morning and evening service.;)

You're welcome. Did you find it and if so how many letter "C" choices do you count in the total number of replies? By my perusal of the replies I came up with over 97% choosing option "C" for twice daily service. It will be interesting to see how this plays out a year from now. Good luck to all whether you are an "A" "B" or "C."

That was my observation also! I still have inherent faith in the power of the people and believe that if we keep this subject as a priority in our interactions with Carnival and make new passengers aware that they do have a choice then our right to choose will continue. Ya know, a lot of people have bemoaned the lost of the chocolates on their pillows. If enough people had cared about this issue and had made their feelings known in a persistent way there would still be chocolate on your pillow.

Edited by Jana60

I haven't seen him mention it since he brought it up a few months ago.

I used to be in the printed collateral industry. In very rare instances have I ever seen a client fulfill to deplete on an older version of a stock item. And never, ever on a pilot program have I seen it done. The client would typically have any old stock destroyed and new stock with updated information / version control printed. So I don't really buy the whole "Maybe they are just using the old cards until they run out."

Seems like they don't really want to do two-a-days anymore. If they really wanted to implement it, seems easy enough to add the option on the front end of booking the same way you select your dining options or whether you want the beds together or apart. It's not rocket science. Personally, I don't have to have my room serviced twice a day. As long as I can call for extra towels and ice I'm good.