Dock 0530 southampton, 1045 LHR flight possible?

mcrider

Is this possible or looking for trouble? I don't recall how long after docking they let passengers off. I contacted Smiths for airport for 0700 pickup, but if this is unrealistic I think it would be about $100 to change to 1330 flight. We are on RCCL Independence arriving june 4. Thanks.

Well although the ship docks at 5:30 it doesn't mean you'll disembark then, far from it. I would never ever risk getting to Heathrow for an international flight departing at 10:45. Pay the extra $100 and go for self-disembarkation so you get off the ship at the earliest possible time

Edited by tartanexile81

It's not impossible but way too chancy in my opinion. All kind of delays can hold you up: finding your luggage, finding the taxi, traffic. One minor bump ahead of you on the motorway and you miss your flight.

Does anyone know what time you get to Heathrow if you book the transfer through the ship?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they just fill the coach then go. Probably earliest arrival at LHR would be about 1030. From memory (dangerous I know!!:D) I think they recommend no flight earlier than 1300 for their coach transfer, but if its a weekday I'd want a bit more wiggle room than that...say 1430.

Simon