CG Reservation Question

Steelers0854

DW and I would like to try the CG for the first time on our 10 day cruise coming up. We always eat dinner in the MDR and we would like to do it on a day where the main dining room menu doesn't really appeal to us, which generally means making a reservation the day of.

In your experience is it difficult to get a "descent" dining time (between 6-8) for a party of 2 when booking the day of?

Thanks for the help.

While I have not done it, I have heard that you can see the menus for your cruise if you ask at the Passenger Services Desk. That would give you the chance to check out the menus and make your reservation early in the cruise for a night you don't care for the menu. Hope that helps!

DW and I would like to try the CG for the first time on our 10 day cruise coming up. We always eat dinner in the MDR and we would like to do it on a day where the main dining room menu doesn't really appeal to us, which generally means making a reservation the day of.

In your experience is it difficult to get a "descent" dining time (between 6-8) for a party of 2 when booking the day of?

Thanks for the help.

During embarcation lunch in the dining room, I have asked a head waiter

if I can see the menus for the entire cruise. Usually that have them.

On Regal and Royal, the 'good' times at crown grill are gone on the first

day.

Thanks for the help.

As far as the Crown Grill, every cruise is different. Sometimes filling up for the entire cruise making it very difficult to do a walk up.

Other cruises the CG could be very slow. There is no way to tell so it would be best to try and narrow it down and make a res as soon as possible.

We were on the Caribbean Princess a couple months ago (obviously different than your ship) but we made reservations literally minutes after we boarded on day one by calling the CG. We wanted a specific evening because it was our anniversary. When we went to the CG on our appointed night, there were many people asking to be seated without reservations. They were told there were 50 people on the waiting list, and I believed them because every table in the place was full. I have never seen that many tables full in the CG and we usually eat there at least one time on every cruise, sometimes twice.

So my advice would be to determine what night you want to go as soon as possible and make your reservation. I wouldn't wait until the day of if you can help it. I am sure there will always be some cancellations but I wouldn't count on it.

The "best" MDR menus are normally on the formal nights. Formal nights are also popular in the Crown Grill since dress is smart casual. What I would do is look at the Princess Patter, select an evening, and make a reservation for the Crown Grill. I wouldn't overthink the process. You can always cancel or change the reservation.

I was on the Regal last week and was able to walk in at about 6pm without a reservation on one of the formal nights. There were available tables the whole time we were in the restaurant. The ship sailed completely full.