coffee in junior suite

6gmillers

Do Junior Suites have coffee makers in them? If so, do they take regular ground coffee or those little packets?

They were little packets. However, in our JS on AOS, we had to move the coffee maker to the desk if we wanted to actually use it. Would be nice if they had an outlet where the coffee station actually is so you don't have to move it. It was too much trouble most days.

They were little packets. However, in our JS on AOS, we had to move the coffee maker to the desk if we wanted to actually use it. Would be nice if they had an outlet where the coffee station actually is so you don't have to move it. It was too much trouble most days.

Yup same as in our GS on Liberty in December. I mean there was an outlet ion the bar where it was stashed but the plug never fit

Yes they take the little packets however every JS we have ever had has had the packets meant for an 8 cup pot of coffee and not the 2 cup coffee maker they provide. If you like your coffee strong then you will enjoy it.

LOL... We think the single cup amount of coffee is way too light. For the cup size provided, that should be 3 T of coffee in there.

The old Seattle's Best versions were the best.

The coffee isn't very good, so I make hubby some. He's okay with it. The hot water kettle is amazing. It has European plug and boils like crazy. I make tea or bring Starbucks pods ( Via?) for coffee.

I agree a Keurig maker would be great. I'd bring my own pods.

Margee

Our last cruise was on Explorer, we used our coffee maker in the junior suite daily and it had a starbucks blend that was the correct amount for a mug. We enjoyed it.

The 'Seattle's best' packages were, i agree, not properly suited but it appears they have left the building (boat?)...

We had no trouble with plugs, the coffee maker has a Euro plug and it works on your desk where there is an outlet, I just pushed it to the side for the morning make up routine. Not a problem.

They do give you awful non dairy creamers. We got a carton of milk from the windjammer each day or ordered an extra one with room service breakfast. Unopened they will keep fine in the fridge overnight but I wouldn't try for more than that as the room fridges are not very cold.

• 3 months later...

They are single use Pike's Peak filter packets. I had to add more water as it was brewing to get a whole cup. It was very strong. It's a really tiny cheap plastic coffee maker and most times it dripped all over the counter. I also had to leave a note for our cabin steward to leave more. I was a glutton for punishment. You might be able to bring your own filters, cut them down and use your own grind. It only made a cup.

Edited by newtampagirl
added more

Can you use a regular filter with loose coffee? or does it only make one cup at a time?

You can use a regular filter with loose coffee, but the amount of water you can put in is limited.

• 6 months later...
Yes they take the little packets however every JS we have ever had has had the packets meant for an 8 cup pot of coffee and not the 2 cup coffee maker they provide. If you like your coffee strong then you will enjoy it.

As soon as I opened the envelope I noticed they were the wrong size, so I asked our steward and he said they only had the large one's not the small pods that are designed for the 2 cup coffee maker that was in the cabin. He told me it had been like this for years. He said anyone who has tried it, only used it once and then ordered coffee from room service. Someone is not paying attention to this. We were on the Serenade of the Seas.