Going on the Ruby next Sunday, any must knows!?

maui07

Going on the Ruby next Sunday with my mom! yah! Any must see, must do, must eats? ha! We are doing a whale watch in Cabo, Las Caletas in PV and most likely a city tour in Mazatlan. Getting excited!!

Check out the International Cafe on deck 5 atrium, open 24/7, no charge. Also the espresso bar is there.

Free soft ice cream all day and evening by the Lido Pool.

Like wine by the glass, try vines.

We are on the Ruby on the 7th! We couldn't be more excited! We are doing a jungle zipline in PV and just winging it in the other ports. Take care of her for us and enjoy your cruise!!:)

I saw your upgrade offer on another thread! how exciting. We got upgraded from an inside to an obstructed OV for no charge, not as good as a balcony but I'll take it. We've gone zip lining in PV before, so fun! I highly recommend a whale watch in Cabo if you can, its peak season for them there and last time we went we saw dozens of whales some swam right under our boat! It was crazy! Happy sailing.

Thanks! I have a 1&4 yro that the inlaws and hubby are joining forces to make this happen. I can't believe it really! Im soo excited!

We are in our mid and late 20s, and my wonderful inlaws are keeping our 2 1/2 year old for a week. You cannot ask for better family :cool:

Let us know how the Curtis Stone SHARE restaurant is getting along. Is there a crowd? Is it still $39 a person to eat there (with no refills or second helpings)?

Still $39.00. Have only seen it mentioned on the Wake Show and in the Patter. A couple from our Roll Call went and, although they said it was interesting food, they said that they weren't interested in going again. We won't be going so no endive foam for me. :cool:

We are sailing for 15 days on the Ruby. Does the laundry use room cards or coins ?

Patti

You use your cruise card to buy the tokens for the machines. Easy.

BTW, to the OP, be sure to read the Patters daily for all of the activities. Just off of the Hawaii cruise and would have really liked to stay on for the Mexican cruise that the Ruby is doing now. Have fun on your cruise.:)

Love the Ruby. She was in dry dock last month and got some new carpet, chairs reupholstered and the new Share restaurant. The restaurant is really nice, but there was nothing on the menu I would eat.

Here is some advise for a "do not miss". The new show Magic to Do. Get there early. We were there 30 minutes before the first show...not a single seat. Got in line one hour before the second show and got good seats.

Everyone raves about the pizza, which is very very good, but my go to each cruise is the Hot Dog at the Grill and the soft serve ice cream. And if you like ice cream, check out the kids menu in the dining room. Order a Volcano, it is like a tall banana split with bunches of chocolate all over. Delish

I would recommend the dining room over the buffet on this ship. If you do go to the buffet, the Horizon Court is better than Cafe Caribe. IMHO.

Also, the International Cafe is open 24/7 and is a great place to stop after dancing at Skywalkers.

The Sanctuary pool (no charge, adults only) is nice. Be careful for the drop off about 2 feet in from the edge. Gets me every time.

If you run into Alfredo and Alexandra in the MDR, say Hi for me. I won't be back on the Ruby until May.

Let us know how the Curtis Stone SHARE restaurant is getting along. Is there a crowd? Is it still $39 a person to eat there (with no refills or second helpings)?

We just got off the Hawaiian cruise yesterday. Spoke to a couple of people who did the Share and was not impressed - really disappointed. They felt what they got in the way of exceptional food was way over sensationalized. I have found from experience in these type of venues, don't get your expectations up too high.

Going on the Ruby next Sunday with my mom! yah! Any must see, must do, must eats? ha! We are doing a whale watch in Cabo, Las Caletas in PV and most likely a city tour in Mazatlan. Getting excited!!

Make sure you go to the shows, and get to them early for good seats. They are fun and really enhance your cruise experience. Good job with your excursion selection! After your city tour in Mazatlan, explore some more either on foot or in a Pulmonia. It is a beautiful and friendly town. Have fun !

Do the Rhythms of the Night in PV. Really great experience and reasonably priced. Drinks there, on the island and back. Nice experience. We plan to do it again on our next cruise.

Hell...we are sailing on the Ruby in a few months and going to PV. What is the Rhythms of the Night?? Is it a Princess tour or can you book it on your own?? Thanks.

You use your cruise card to buy the tokens for the machines. Easy.

BTW, to the OP, be sure to read the Patters daily for all of the activities. Just off of the Hawaii cruise and would have really liked to stay on for the Mexican cruise that the Ruby is doing now. Have fun on your cruise.:)

When we were on the Ruby last year, you used quarters in the laundry machines.

When we were on the Ruby last year, you used quarters in the laundry machines.

We just got off of the Ruby this last Sunday. Buy tokens with your cruise card and yes we did use the laundry on this cruise.

Hell...we are sailing on the Ruby in a few months and going to PV. What is the Rhythms of the Night?? Is it a Princess tour or can you book it on your own?? Thanks.

You can book it on your own. Look it up on the internet. We booked it through Princess, we felt the price was reasonable. There were tourists on the boat and not on Princess, but I'm sure it's cheaper booked directly through Rhythms of the Night. It's somewhat like Circus Solei and the participants are quite athletic, it was very entertaining. One of the best excursions we have taken on a cruise. Food and drink served was good.