So how many may miss a cruise because of the easy coast storm

Nanookz

We are in that boat. We are in the ballpoint area. Had a flight for Saturday to San juan for a cruise on Sunday. Now we have switched to Sunday flight hoping to get out. . Glad the ship doesn't leave until 10pm if that helps at all.

Not in that boat but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully everything calms down enough early Saturday that you don't have an issue on Sunday. I know where I am it actually changed from being bad on Saturday to the brunt being overnight Friday into Saturday .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in NH, and while it looks like this storm is going to just spare us, it's typical for us to get hit hard in the wintertime by blizzards and other bad snow storms. This is the one thing that will probably always keep me from scheduling a cruise in the wintertime. While I would love nothing more than to get away from the freezing cold temps to someplace warm, I don't think it's worth the risk of missing a cruise due to not being able to fly to port.

In any case, hope that somehow things work out for everyone with a cruise this weekend that lives where the storm is going to hit. I don't wish the stress and anxiety that you guys must be under right now on anyway. Best of luck, sincerely.

We are in that boat. We are in the ballpoint area. Had a flight for Saturday to San juan for a cruise on Sunday. Now we have switched to Sunday flight hoping to get out. . Glad the ship doesn't leave until 10pm if that helps at all.

You have a better chance on Sunday.

i'm not in this boat this year but i was last year. We all decided to pay the extra and we flew a day earlier than planned. As we were sitting in BWI airport at the diner all of our phones started to beep with messages from SWA telling us our original flight had been cancelled. Whew glad we made it out the night before. I hope everyone was either able to leave today or tomorrow morning or on Sunday and makes it to their cruise! i don't wish this 2 feet of snow that we are scheduled to get on anyone.

Got the email from Southwest this morning that all sw flights from bwi on Saturday and Sunday are cancelled. Better than being at the airport all day and then have it be late and still miss the ship.

A couple of days ago we thought about changing the flight to friday but it was too late because all flights were gone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by Nanookz

Good luck to all with the flights.

We have a month until ours, so not worrying yet. Our concern now is an ice storm. We are hoping to keep power. In past storms we have lost power for up to 6 days.

I'm with you! We're up here in Winston-Salem and we're expecting a foot of snow and 1/4" ice! URGH!! We spent the last 2 days preparing for a power outage, so, if it does happen, we're prepared. We always lose power when we have ice and it's not fun.

I was just thinking last night about all the cruisers trying to get to their ports today and tomorrow. I feel so badly for everyone who doesn't make it. :(

I just want everyone to be safe--we have already had 2 vehicle deaths in our area earlier this week when we got snow, so it's nothing to mess around with.

The Pride is on a 11 day journeys cruise to San Juan and the a 10 day back to Baltimore so she won't be back for a couple weeks.

It's not Carnival Pride --- it's RC Grandeur that is turning around in Baltimore on Sunday. I hope most of those looking forward to sailing her have followed the advice so often posted on these threads to allow for weather delays when planning winter cruises. Amtrak will have to be a popular option this weekend - but even they can be seriously impacted

For this weekends snow I saw that the trains are offline as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I saw that, as well. I guess all I can do is hope my plans don't go up in smoke. Or snow, as the case may be.

I also hope everyone cruising this weekend makes it to their ships safely and in time for sailaway!