Grandeur for Feb break (teens)

Hi,

We have a large group (27 of us, but 10 teens) going on the Grandeur for February break, does anyone know anything offered for teens. I know there is a teen center, but any activities. It is winter break so I am sure there will be lots of kids ....just curious. It is a cruise so I know they will have fun. Thanks!!!

Depending on the age of your teens they will go into one of two programs. 12-14 and 15-17. Both programs allow the teens to come and go without signing out.

Sometimes they combine the groups if there are few teens onboard. However, you should have plenty of kids on your cruise.

One thing of note is that the MD/DC/VA area has break around Easter. The usually have a 3-day weekend for Presidents' Day. There may not be as many teens onboard as you think. It has been our experience Baltimore draws lots of drive-in cruisers.

Wow that is a really large group of teens! Good luck with that! We are also from new york and are daughter is off of school that week. We originally were going to do the atlantis aqua venture but are worried it will be mobbed with all of the kids off of school. Hate to pay a ton of money just to stand in line at the slides. I will see you onboard!

I was on Grandeur over Christmas with my 3 grandkids, 2 granddaughters 12 and 14 and a grandson almost 16. It was their first cruise. The girls had a fabulous time with the teen program. My grandson had fun hanging out in the teen lounge with all the other guys and their electronic toys. They "hung" together, had lunch together,etc. etc. As long as they attend the first night meet they will have a ball.

Hi,

We have a large group (27 of us, but 10 teens) going on the Grandeur for February break, does anyone know anything offered for teens. I know there is a teen center, but any activities. It is winter break so I am sure there will be lots of kids ....just curious. It is a cruise so I know they will have fun. Thanks!!!

Thanks for the warning.:D

One thing of note is that the MD/DC/VA area has break around Easter. The usually have a 3-day weekend for Presidents' Day. There may not be as many teens onboard as you think. It has been our experience Baltimore draws lots of drive-in cruisers.

One article I read said that up to 90% of customers are within driving distance. Due to this I would have thought the March 20 sailing would be full of kids (VA spring break) but since it's a 10 day sailing, kids would have to miss some school. We'll see.

One article I read said that up to 90% of customers are within driving distance. Due to this I would have thought the March 20 sailing would be full of kids (VA spring break) but since it's a 10 day sailing, kids would have to miss some school. We'll see.

I think that the March 20 sailing will have the most kids. MD and Northern VA have break then. Currently our DGD is off the week of March 20th and also Easter Monday. She would need to miss only 1 day of school to take that cruise. [i am sure she wishes she were scheduled to take it :rolleyes:]

We live in Central VA and all of our schools are off the week after Easter + Good Friday. That does not line up well for the Grandeur.

Thanks for the warning.:D

Your welcome!!!! I cannot stop laughing :) at your comment.

Most of the Northeast has off President's week, so I think there will be a lot more than 10 teenagers. I have warned you all :eek:!

Thanks for all the responses everyone...LOL!

Wow that is a really large group of teens! Good luck with that! We are also from new york and are daughter is off of school that week. We originally were going to do the atlantis aqua venture but are worried it will be mobbed with all of the kids off of school. Hate to pay a ton of money just to stand in line at the slides. I will see you onboard!

We are from Syracuse, lots of Bills fans in our group!! I would assume Atlantis will be packed that day and anything with Atlantis is costly. We are parasailing that day and some are going to Blue Lagoon.

Our kids are really good kids, I mean they are teenagers, but two asked how big the library is onboard?!?! We also have two young kids (not mine). One couple doesn't have children and are coming with us.....what were they thinking!!

We are traveling Friday, see you on board!!!!

We are from Syracuse, lots of Bills fans in our group!! I would assume Atlantis will be packed that day and anything with Atlantis is costly. We are parasailing that day and some are going to Blue Lagoon.

Our kids are really good kids, I mean they are teenagers, but two asked how big the library is onboard?!?! We also have two young kids (not mine). One couple doesn't have children and are coming with us.....what were they thinking!!

The library is not big at all. It is a nook near the coffee shop.

Hi,

When is Feb break?

Yeah Bills Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We just booked blue lagoon last night so we are all set! See you onboard!

Hi,

LOL Oh Lordy! When is this February break. I will be on the Grandeur for the 2/13 cruise (yikes). Just kidding. I love kids.