Is it worth it to Upgrade to a Suite on the Vision?

cjmx

my DH and I plan to travel with my two daughters. We have booked an aft balcony that definitely has two lounge chairs. 8092

We are considering upgrading to a grand suite, but they all seem to be in the front of the ship.

My concerns are mainly seasickness and noise? And also with a grand suite does it only come with One lounge chair?

thanks.

cj

OMG

Yes go to the suite.

You will be spoiled with the suite life and perks.

SO DO IT!!!!!!!

We did and now are sailing in our 7th. suite or (above suite) this summer, yup we are spoiled. (Crown Loft)

Safe travels.

Also, the upgrade , would be less than 200. The cost is really not my concern, it is the motion in the front and the noise in the morning? I have read some of the reviews of these front suites and being just underneath the windjammer can be a serious problem. The upgrade would be a guarantee- so i would not know where in the front it would be???

We have been in a suite before, so we know what to expect. So unsure?

thanks

cj

You're right to ask. I was in a GS on Vision about a year ago. They are all on deck 8. In some of them, you may experience a lot of noise at odd hours from the pool deck / Windjammer. Reviews will give you an indication of which ones are prone to noise. I did my research and didn't have a problem. Just choose wisely. Or bring earplugs.

Edited by GMoney

Also, the upgrade , would be less than 200. The cost is really not my concern, it is the motion in the front and the noise in the morning? I have read some of the reviews of these front suites and being just underneath the windjammer can be a serious problem. The upgrade would be a guarantee- so i would not know where in the front it would be???

We have been in a suite before, so we know what to expect. So unsure?

thanks

cj

For $200 total, it's a no brainer- take the suite. Motion difference will be negligible and the noise issue is hard to know. Look at the cabin reviews section here on CC and see if any available GS's have complaints. Every room is bound to have some complaints, so I usually ignore a single bad room review and look for patterns instead.

If you are in 8092, that is a wonderful Junior Suite with a very large balcony.

If the GTY is a W GTY, you would most likely get a JS again and most likely one that is worse than the one you have as you have one of the best JS on the ship now and the aft JS are perfect to avoid noise, while they do have vibration at times.

The suites on deck 8 were the only cabins completely redone on the Vision refurbishment and I have really enjoyed all suites. The port side (left) suites on deck 8 seem to get less noise than the starboard suites.

The fantastic 'secret' stairway aft on deck 8 give this area a ship within a ship feel as you can easily get up to the spa and solarium and Park Café on the deck above.

Thanks everyone, I didn't realize the GT would include JS. I thought a suite Gt was only for grand suites. So it makes it simple, stay where I am 8092 jr suite.

Thanks for all the replies.

cj

Thanks everyone, I didn't realize the GT would include JS. I thought a suite Gt was only for grand suites. So it makes it simple, stay where I am 8092 jr suite.

Thanks for all the replies.

cj

Oh, when you said "aft balcony", I thought that you meant balcony cabin, not JS.

Nor did you state in your first post that you were looking at a guarantee category.

If the choice is an aft JS vs category W guarantee, then NO NO NO.

:)

Agreed

And yes, i agree as well, when the kids were little a balcony was small for 4.

We usually book two small balconies connecting. Girls definitely need two bathrooms.

But we are trying to get to Diamond, so JS is necessary. I will probably book an inside cabin as well because they may invite another relative.

My 12 year old said to us last year, You are doing it all wrong and that we needed to book JS instead, instead of 2 balconies for the double points. On our last cruise, the crown and anchor dept stated that Royal was experimenting with giving points for the price of the total cruise, not the cabin assignment.

For us, that would be great- 4 kids, sometimes we paid for three cabins!

We were 3 in an OS last year on the Vision.

They only had straight chairs and lounges for 2 and it is a huge balcony.

I went to the Concierge, house keeping and customer service for a third lounge but was told that none were avaliable

The OS a great cabin tho

my DH and I plan to travel with my two daughters. We have booked an aft balcony that definitely has two lounge chairs. 8092

We are considering upgrading to a grand suite, but they all seem to be in the front of the ship.

My concerns are mainly seasickness and noise? And also with a grand suite does it only come with One lounge chair?

thanks.

cj

We are just off the Vision and this was our cabin. It's a great size for two people but would be very small for four. The bathroom was small as well. There was no noise as the cabin is directly under the relaxation room for the spa, however, there is a lot of motion and some vibration.