Just off the Constellation

JRYMCMB

Do you know anyone that was staying on Connie for today's sailing. There is no roll call because it's a theme based cruise called Soul Train with Smokey Robinson. Let me know. Trying to reach Perry. Our room steward. Thanks

Tina

Do you know anyone that was staying on Connie for today's sailing. There is no roll call because it's a theme based cruise called Soul Train with Smokey Robinson. Let me know. Trying to reach Perry. Our room steward. Thanks

Tina

The room steward would have to turn in anything he found. Try calling Lost and Found / Lost Luggage 1-844-418-6824

So sorry for the loss of your pet. It's so hard.

I appreciate the comments and pics as I'm also planning a last-minute trip on Connie. Your upgrade sounds terrific! Glad that worked out so well.

Thanks for posting.

So sorry about your fur baby....so sad.

Thank you for the pix, if you have more, I would love to see them! I am on the Connie in a month or so and it is also my first Celebrity cruise, so really looking forward to all that's available and the pix are so fun to see!

We contacted guest relations and they advised us that they would call back within 45 minutes, they showed us the cabin and we agreed to take it, they brought us downstairs to switch over the room keys and when we asked about the cost they advised that there would be no charge.

I was exceptionally greatful to say the least.

That's seriously good marketing on someone's part. Far from the norm I suspect. .

Congratulations though, glad you enjoyed both the upgrade and ship.

So sorry about your fur baby....so sad.

Thank you for the pix, if you have more, I would love to see them! I am on the Connie in a month or so and it is also my first Celebrity cruise, so really looking forward to all that's available and the pix are so fun to see!

I'll be sailing on Connie the week before you, also our first time with Celebrity.

I found these pictures here on CC. If an area your interested in isn't showing up, click on the reload link in the lower right hand corner, and the photo selection changes. :)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-constellation-272/luminae-203263/luminae--v10415532/?close=%2Fships%2Fcelebrity-constellation-272%2Focean-liners-203247%2F

We will be sailing to Rome in a couple of months on Connie for the first time. Haven't sailed so long before. Will there be toiletries available?

Plenty, and they keep the extras in the bathroom underneath the rubbish bin bag :)

And wow, what an amazing ship, we found the ocean view a bit disappointing so we upgraded to a Concierge Class cabin while onboard. The food, the staff and the ship itself were wonderful, as a first time cruiser with Celebrity I would definitely book with them again.

My only disappointment was the weather in Key West which was clearly beyond the control of anyone, and still managed to enjoy the sun for a few hours from the Balcony :)

I will post a few pics once I get everything transferred from my phone :)

we were on this cruise as well.

The ship was very nice. Food was terrific as well as the crew.

Biggest issue I guess would be Rain in Key West.

We thought the entertainment in the evening was terrible. Who ever is in charge of that project should be replaced.

2 comedians then 3 worn out singers doing sounds of the supremes . :confused:

which date are you sailing? us too on connie in sept cannot wait

Anxious to hear your opinion and see pics of the Constellation. We are on her in September for a European cruise. Have been on S class a number of times this will be our first on an M Class ship. We have a C2 cabin. Getting excited even though it is a few months off yet.

I'll be sailing on Connie the week before you, also our first time with Celebrity.

I found these pictures here on CC. If an area your interested in isn't showing up, click on the reload link in the lower right hand corner, and the photo selection changes. :)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-constellation-272/luminae-203263/luminae--v10415532/?close=%2Fships%2Fcelebrity-constellation-272%2Focean-liners-203247%2F

Thanks for the link. We are new to Celebrity and going on our first TA on the Constellation. Good to see so much of the ship. :)

We are looking at sailing on this ship the last week in March. My husband is 35 and I am 28. We've never cruised Celebrity before, just Carnival. I know Carnival is more party central and it's spring break season which we want to avoid the crazy party crowd. I've heard that Celebrity the average age is 40-50ish. Is this accurate? We don't mind, but don't want to feel out of place or anything! :)

Edited by flgirl1087

which date are you sailing? us too on connie in sept cannot wait

We are on the Sept 8th sailing out of Rome into Venice. Our second med cruise - last one was on the Equinox. Thought that was a trip of a lifetime - but here we are doing it again. Also very excited!

Edited by Quesnel

Am I understanding you correctly, they gave you a 3 category upgrade for free, simply because you asked for a better cabin? The one time we asked if an upgrade was available, they wanted full brochure rate for the price difference. We passed. You won the cruise cabin lottery!

Am I understanding you correctly, they gave you a 3 category upgrade for free, simply because you asked for a better cabin? The one time we asked if an upgrade was available, they wanted full brochure rate for the price difference. We passed. You won the cruise cabin lottery!

That's correct lol, we definitely got lucky !

Its the first CC/Balcony cabin I've had before and I think it will be hard to go back to inside/oceanview

That's correct lol, we definitely got lucky !

Its the first CC/Balcony cabin I've had before and I think it will be hard to go back to inside/oceanview

Understandable. Most of the time, when we asked, this was on HAL, before we started cruising on X, they would tell us the ship was full and no upgrades were available. We were always wiling to pay some extra $$ but not full brochure rate difference. We didn't even pay brochure rate for the original cabin?!?!?!

Was their something wrong with your OV that you didn't like - too far forwrd etc? Sometimes a GTY booking will get you one of the cabins nobody wants. Just curious. Still amazed by your luck!!!

Understandable. Most of the time, when we asked, this was on HAL, before we started cruising on X, they would tell us the ship was full and no upgrades were available. We were always wiling to pay some extra $$ but not full brochure rate difference. We didn't even pay brochure rate for the original cabin?!?!?!

Was their something wrong with your OV that you didn't like - too far forwrd etc? Sometimes a GTY booking will get you one of the cabins nobody wants. Just curious. Still amazed by your luck!!!

We had a couple of concerns regarding cleanliness (could barely see out of window due to sea spray, worn furniture, bad smell of sewage) but nothing that we really created a stink about. We did of course mention it and perhaps this was the motivation regarding waiving the upgrade charge.

We had a couple of concerns regarding cleanliness (could barely see out of window due to sea spray, worn furniture, bad smell of sewage) but nothing that we really created a stink about. We did of course mention it and perhaps this was the motivation regarding waiving the upgrade charge.

So it wasn't so much good marketing, more good management of a potential dissatisfied customer. Explains why no charge was applied.

We are looking at sailing on this ship the last week in March. My husband is 35 and I am 28. We've never cruised Celebrity before, just Carnival. I know Carnival is more party central and it's spring break season which we want to avoid the crazy party crowd. I've heard that Celebrity the average age is 40-50ish. Is this accurate? We don't mind, but don't want to feel out of place or anything! :)

Most spring breaks are over by then.

Our 2 Constellation cruises have been the 1st week of March--1/3 to 1/2 spring breakers! Definitely a party atmosphere!

So I cannot comment on the demographics since they were a bit skewed...we are late 40s, early 50s & felt right at home (no one believes we are as "old" as we are!). We love Princess, loved the Allure of the Seas & now are Celebrity converts. We felt the atmosphere, service & food were just a tick better than Princess or RCL (a small tick). There aren't as many activities on the daily schedule (we prefer more options), but we are learning to relax more on vacation so maybe that isn't a bad thing!

Try it--I think you will have a good time! Our friends & family who have sailed multiple lines put Carnival at the bottom...not that they wouldn't sail them again, just that it would have to be an amazing deal!

Edited by KKB