First Transatlantic! What a Deal!

Working 2 Cruise

I'm so very excited! I just booked our first TA! Good price on a balcony on the beautiful Royal Princess with $1300 OBC...:):D, and $780 per person airfare from Los Angeles... non-stop!

I can't wait to show my hubby Europe, although a very small taste! If we can, we might add the Mediterranean itinerary preceding the TA, however, I'm not sure...

This is a very good deal.... I just had to share!

We love TAs (have done far more then a dozen) and can understand your joy and excitement at the cruise and good deal. TAs (and Trans Pacifics) are often amazing deals (on lots of cruise lines) and perfect for those of us who love lazy sea days.

Hank

I'm so very excited! I just booked our first TA! Good price on a balcony on the beautiful Royal Princess with $1300 OBC...:):D, and $780 per person airfare from Los Angeles... non-stop!

I can't wait to show my hubby Europe, although a very small taste! If we can, we might add the Mediterranean itinerary preceding the TA, however, I'm not sure...

Congratulations Nina & Norman! :D

When? Where? We've enjoyed several TAs at an affordable price including on the Royal & Regal.

That's great that Norman gets to travel to Europe with a "local" tour guide. ;)

Congratulations Nina & Norman! :D

When? Where? We've enjoyed several TAs at an affordable price including on the Royal & Regal.

That's great that Norman gets to travel to Europe with a "local" tour guide. ;)

Thank you Frank!

It's the Mediterranean Passage, from Rome, including Florence, Toulon and Barcelona.

I don't know how much of a tour guide I will be since I've never been to Rome or Florence. Please note that I didn't say Italy! I have fond memories of my ski trip to the Italian Alps!

I'm amazed at the low cost of the airfare... And, I will make sure to enjoy the Royal! I wish you could join us! I did take advantage of the twice as nice sale....

Norman doesn't know yet... I think the 11 hour flight might scare him. Another added incentive is that my parents (now both deceased) loved Italy and really wanted me to see it. This trip will be, in a way, a tribute to them. My parents did get married in Rome. My biggest regret is no Venice. It meant a lot to them...

Thank you Frank!

It's the Mediterranean Passage, from Rome, including Florence, Toulon and Barcelona.

I don't know how much of a tour guide I will be since I've never been to Rome or Florence. Please note that I didn't say Italy! I have fond memories of my ski trip to the Italian Alps!

I'm amazed at the low cost of the airfare... And, I will make sure to enjoy the Royal! I wish you could join us! I did take advantage of the twice as nice sale....

Norman doesn't know yet... I think the 11 hour flight might scare him. Another added incentive is that my parents (now both deceased) loved Italy and really wanted me to see it. This trip will be, in a way, a tribute to them. My parents did get married in Rome. My biggest regret is no Venice. It meant a lot to them...

Email me if there's anything I could share with you about our experiences.

Congrats! I've done Rome twice now (once on a cruise, once pre-cruise). It's such a beautiful city! Florence is easily walkable, once you get there. We did a formal tour the first time (terrible tour) and the Princess on your own tour (we much prefer it- about 5 hours of free time in the city).

Have a wonderful trip!

Congratulations, sounds like a wonderful adventure! I hope you're planning on spending a couple days in Rome before you sail, the city is not close to the port or airport so you'll miss it totally if you don't. You'll find lots of good advice on these boards re: hotels, transfers, etc. We stayed a few days before our Med cruise and it was a highlight of our trip.

Nina, enjoy your transatlantic. We have been on the Royal Princess twice and love the ship. The on demand movies in the cabin(large TV), a nice way to unwind after a busy day touring.

Join your roll call and do some private tours. It will be so much cheaper especially in Italy (Rome, Florence). First time we were in Italy we used RomeInLimos and loved them. There are others too that are equally as good. Doing private tours , they will go at a better pace. Big buses can't get close enough to the tourist spots .Private tours will get to the tourist spots before the big Princess buses.

Europe right now with Princess is a really good buy. And with all the

on board credit, sweetens the deal.

How exciting! You will love it. A TA has so many sea days, and there will be lots of activities. What I especially like is the number of movies shown in the afternoon in the Princess Theater.