Eclipse Cruise Director

deckrunnertoo

I am on the Eclipse right now and Sue is definitely not the cruise director. I asked where she went and was told she is on one of the M class ships. A fellow named Damian is here. I must say they are trying several different thing from last year, to give the ship a bit of life. The martini bar now has a DJ that comes on later in the evening. There seems to be more live music playing from the lobby of Deck 3. In my eyes, all great add ons.

We had Richard as our CD a year ago ... didn't care for him at all.

We were on Eclipse in August, in the Baltics, and had Sue & Martin. We didn't care too much for her public persona, but we give her full marks for being at just about every single event, and "on" for each one. And she was always about the ship somewhere; we ran into her several times and she always stopped to say hello & see how we were doing & was very nice.

We really liked Martin, too. Mr Chew predicted he would be a Cruise Director on his own soon, so I'll have to tell him he was right. (He'll like that, since he doesn't get to be right too often around here!) :D

• 1 month later...
Does any one know which ship Maarten will go to as his first job as CD?

I'm currently on the Constellation and Maarten is the new CD. I was speaking to him tonight and it's his third week aboard and he's hoping to stay on this ship for the rest of his contract.

I loved his banter with Sue on the Eclipse last year! They played off each other very well.

I'm currently on the Constellation and Maarten is the new CD. I was speaking to him tonight and it's his third week aboard and he's hoping to stay on this ship for the rest of his contract.

I loved his banter with Sue on the Eclipse last year! They played off each other very well.

Thank you for the update on Maarten. We will be on the Constellation for the April 2 TA. Have a wonderful cruise.

Marie

Who is the Cruise Director for the Celebrity Eclipse Exotic Caribbean Cruise March 6th out of Miami? We've had some really good ones and wonder if we are gonna be lucky?

I'd love to see Maartin. I hear he's getting a promo to CD soon. I've heard Sue is great. We've always had Ben. Personally, I find him a bit condescending for my taste.

Just finished our Eclipse exotic Caribbean ports cruise. CD Damian was excellent and always informative and helpful! Very pleased with the cruise overall. Enjoyed the overnight in Curacao. Beautiful evening walk after dinner! As usual we booked another Celebrity cruise and now have three to look forward to! Thank you Celebrity.