"Meatloaf" new low for RCCL Windjammer Lunch Carving Station

Love the meatloaf at cracker barrel....that reminds me to try to find the recipie on line....their delicious coca-cola cake can be found...

I love everything at Cracker Barrel...we don't have any on the west coast...Arizona is the closest...so every time we cruise out of Florida we eat there...all part of our pre-cruise excitement. :p

I really am amazed by peoples posts at times, so we now are comparing dinning on RC ships with finer road side dinning venues like Cracker Barrel and people are content, pleased or don't care they are eating hamburger instead of a better cut a of meat yet are paying more for it?

This is justified as not being a cost cut somehow as meat loaf is more labour intensive to prepare? Really who thinks RC increased staffing to cover the added burden of making meat loaf?

I would agree Cracker Barrel is one of the better highway dinners but I would never consider eating lunch at one every day for even a week.

I just returned from a month on Oahu and actually paid for a Spam burger at Jack in the Box. I did not expect it to be the equivalent to a decent burger but at $1.99 what the heck I gave it a try since I had not eaten spam for about 50 years.

http://tastyislandhawaii.com/2014/08/12/jack-in-the-box-new-spam-teri-jr-jack/

I assume people would be pleased as well if the grill started serving them as part of an expanded menu and cut back on the regular burgers?

Haven't had a cruise ship burger in years, problem is the buns are awful

I really am amazed by peoples posts at times, so we now are comparing dinning on RC ships with finer road side dinning venues like Cracker Barrel and people are content, pleased or don't care they are eating hamburger instead of a better cut a of meat yet are paying more for it?

This is justified as not being a cost cut somehow as meat loaf is more labour intensive to prepare? Really who thinks RC increased staffing to cover the added burden of making meat loaf?

I would agree Cracker Barrel is one of the better highway dinners but I would never consider eating lunch at one every day for even a week.

I just returned from a month on Oahu and actually paid for a Spam burger at Jack in the Box. I did not expect it to be the equivalent to a decent burger but at $1.99 what the heck I gave it a try since I had not eaten spam for about 50 years.

http://tastyislandhawaii.com/2014/08/12/jack-in-the-box-new-spam-teri-jr-jack/

I assume people would be pleased as well if the grill started serving them as part of an expanded menu and cut back on the regular burgers?

I suppose it shows that some people just don't care about carving station offerings?

To me, it seems just a little odd that we are talking about a buffet carving station. Let me explain by asking this simple questions - who goes to the WJ for dinner? here is my take... If one prefers a more formal venue, with a nicer dining experience, then the WJ is not your first choice. So... For those who prefer the WJ - the question, in my mind then becomes... what population is larger - the ones who want "traditional" carving station meats - or the population who wants "<insert untraditional meat name here>" . I'm not convinced that the population of people who (A) - go to the WJ and (B) -want the finer offerings at the carving station - is significant.

Year after year, costs go up - in anything. Take a look at the price of fruit and veggies in your grocery store. So, cruiselines either find ways to reduce costs, and/or raise prices. Shrug. I'm OK with meatloaf at the carving station once in a while.

There is no restaurant regardless of quality or price that I would eat lunch at every day for a week.

I love to cruise, like many others, but WJ on all lines is just bad for most of the food, on another line they had a Italian sections and they used hot dogs and said it was Italian sausage.

Alright, George - you owe me a monitor! Mine is now sprayed with coffee.

Passing hotdogs off as Italian sausage? LOLOL! That is awful.

I'm just amazed at almost 12,000 views in a thread about meatloaf. :eek:

The sad thing is that cruise lines serve meat loaf and it seems no one cares or takes offense that it is offered.

You eat it at home I understand that, but how about one try something new and better?

Whats next Kraft dinner with hot dogs I have fond memories of eating that while in University. What about a Ramon noodle station where you pick your own flavour pack and they supply boiling water for you to pour over the dry noodles in a Styrofoam bowl?

Flakes of ham, chicken, turkey or canned Vienna wieners, processed cheese slices?

Twenty years ago I was eating chopped egg and caviar at ship buffets and now it is treat and the exception to find loxs or smoked salmon.

The sad thing is that cruise lines serve meat loaf and it seems no one cares or takes offense that it is offered.

You eat it at home I understand that, but how about one try something new and better?

I'm with you, but going by the people raving over hot dogs and tuna casserole it's not hard to understand why RCI thinks they can get away with it. And I even had meatloaf for dinner last night but I don't think it meets the level of a carving station cruise offering.