Pre paid gratuity confirmation

petlady7

Thanks for the replies , no it was not a promotion we just prepaid to avoid the hike in price , I have looked on our cruise personalizer and it show that we have paid but I cant print it off

I just checked my account for an upcoming cruise where I had prepaid gratuities.

If you click on Optional Gratuity Pre Payment under Payments & Credits, it should show the prepaid gratuities (with an option to cancel them). I was able to print this page from Internet Explorer by selecting File => Print from the Internet Explorer menu at the top of the screen.

It is also shown on the Travel Summary (under Boarding Pass & Docs). My information is shown under SPECIAL REQUEST under Important Notices. Under my name and under my wife's name, it says PRE-PAID GRATUITIES.

The Travel Summary also shows our All-Inclusive Beverage Packages (from a promotion), all shore excursions we have booked (with the prices - useful in case they raise the price onboard), and all charges, payments, and OBCs.

I recommend everyone print a copy of their Travel Summary and bring it with you to the ship. I download one (in PDF) after I book and after I make significant changes, so that I can verify that nothing changes that isn't supposed to. If something does change, I have the written evidence on what it was before.

I just checked my account for an upcoming cruise where I had prepaid gratuities.

If you click on Optional Gratuity Pre Payment under Payments & Credits, it should show the prepaid gratuities (with an option to cancel them). I was able to print this page from Internet Explorer by selecting File => Print from the Internet Explorer menu at the top of the screen.

It is also shown on the Travel Summary (under Boarding Pass & Docs). My information is shown under SPECIAL REQUEST under Important Notices. Under my name and under my wife's name, it says PRE-PAID GRATUITIES.

The Travel Summary also shows our All-Inclusive Beverage Packages (from a promotion), all shore excursions we have booked (with the prices - useful in case they raise the price onboard), and all charges, payments, and OBCs.

I recommend everyone print a copy of their Travel Summary and bring it with you to the ship. I download one (in PDF) after I book and after I make significant changes, so that I can verify that nothing changes that isn't supposed to. If something does change, I have the written evidence on what it was before.

Did you pre-pay the gratuities yourself, or was it part of a promotion?

We have pre-paid as part of a promotion and I can see it in the personalizer, however it does now show up in the Travel Summary under special requests.

Thanks for the replies , no it was not a promotion we just prepaid to avoid the hike in price , I have looked on our cruise personalizer and it show that we have paid but I cant print it off

Just a warning. The prepaid gratuities show up a OBC. Many people have commented that the daily gratuity is being billed at the new rate. So they've had to go to the purser's office to take care of the issue. Preprinting your prepaid gratuity might help, or maybe Princess has addressed it, but just in case, be forewarned.

We prepay ours every time to give us the false sense of less spending on the actual cruise. :) It also allows us to pay of our vacation in pieces. It works for us. :)

We have pre-paid as part of a promotion and I can see it in the personalizer, however it does now show up in the Travel Summary under special requests.

Ours is the same -- it was prepaid through a promotion and only shows up in the personalizer section and not the travel summary. It still had a 'print' button to print the page, which I plan to bring along on our cruise just in case.

Just a warning. The prepaid gratuities show up a OBC. Many people have commented that the daily gratuity is being billed at the new rate. So they've had to go to the purser's office to take care of the issue. Preprinting your prepaid gratuity might help, or maybe Princess has addressed it, but just in case, be forewarned.

We prepay ours every time to give us the false sense of less spending on the actual cruise. :) It also allows us to pay of our vacation in pieces. It works for us. :)

So, for clarification purposes.. If I elect to pay for my gratuities ahead of time (at my discretion, not part of a promotion) it shows up as an OBC and they still charge them to the account?

I prepaid my gratuities myself - not as part of a promotion. The AIBP was part of the Sip & Sail promotion.

After reading this I checked my cruise personalizer and couldn't see my Pre paid gratitudes, so I went to my TA account and seen it wasn't even paid when I booked and paid for my cruise in full... I'm pretty sure it was mentioned and I assumed it would be in the total , but just seen it wasn't

So now how much do I have to pay per day? I'm going to New Zealand on Feb 11th for 13 nights on the Golden Princess

A little annoyed now, thinking everything was paid and I could relax and spend my $250 OBC, now I'll have to pay extra..

Maybe I should listen properly next time.....

Edited by Fish66

I prepaid my gratuities for my upcoming cruise. I paid the lower amount, but it shows (on the payments and credits page) paid for the higher rate. I double checked my credit card to be sure I was not charged the higher rate, and I was not. I assume that my obc for the prepaid gratuities will show as paid at the higher rate -- even though I actually paid the lower rate.

Also, when I am on my desktop computer, and have the payment and credits page open, all I do is click "ctrl" and "P" at the same time, and it prints the entire section for me.

After reading this I checked my cruise personalizer and couldn't see my Pre paid gratitudes, so I went to my TA account and seen it wasn't even paid when I booked and paid for my cruise in full... I'm pretty sure it was mentioned and I assumed it would be in the total , but just seen it wasn't

So now how much do I have to pay per day? I'm going to New Zealand on Feb 11th for 13 nights on the Golden Princess

A little annoyed now, thinking everything was paid and I could relax and spend my $250 OBC, now I'll have to pay extra..

Maybe I should listen properly next time.....

This is the current amounts they went to at the 1st of the year:

To simplify the tipping process for our guests, a discretionary gratuity of $13.95 per person for mini-suites and suites, and $12.95 per guest in all other staterooms per day (including children) will be automatically added to your shipboard account on a daily basis.

You might try to find out if it was booked under a promotion that included them when you booked.

Just off the Emerald. We pre paid our gratuities sometime in Oct/Nov before the price increase. This was reflected on my cruise personalizer as pre paid gratuities. I did print it and take with me.(Just in case) It is not OBC. Our bill had no charges on it for gratuities. No pluses or minuses. Just not there. Other OBC and charges were on the bill only. Hope this helps!

Edited by BRANDEE