WWF Replaces Make a Wish?

yogimax

I though the Make a Wish event was pretty low key on a cruise ship so it never bothered me. Sometimes I bought a T and sometimes not. I never felt obligated.

I agree, no pressure at all to buy, we bought a beach towel since they did not have my size t-shirts.

There are different rating services for charities. The Red Cross has been strongly criticized for their executive pay. But that's not my point. I worked with cancer patients for over 25 years. Just visit the 5th floor of Sloan-Kettering Hospital. Your heart will go out to the kids.

As I originally said, while WWF is a noble cause, I'll take the kids over the fish.

If the ocean's die (and no, it is not just fish that live in the ocean), the kids die too, well, we all die:

http://www.seashepherd.org/commentary-and-editorials/2015/09/29/if-the-ocean-dies-we-all-die-741

Edited by Charger2008

I wonder if part of the decision making process was taking into account how well known the charities are to passengers?

Make A Wish is very well known in the Us and probably Canada, maybe the UK? But, while it is technically an international organization, granting wishes worldwide, it is very small outside of North America and is not a recognizable name to most of the passengers from mainland Europe, Asia, South America, etc.

WWF is much more widely known from a global perspective.

Agree with this. Someone above was inaccurately claiming that WWF was questionable in its donations compared to make-a-wish which seemed to be better known to him. Whereas here it's the opposite, I've got no idea what make a wish do without searching around, whereas WWF are better known.

Oh, World Wildlife, not pro wrestling. You got me all excited! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rolleyes:

Vince & Company HAD Enough of their Court Battles with

World Wildlife Foundation

5/May/2002 WWE - Present

ALL life is important. The ocean is vital to our planet and global conservation affects more people as a whole than Make A Wish. Make A Wish is a great organization but it serves a small amount of people compared to global conservation.

• 2 weeks later...
From the Royal Insider Newsletter received today. Sounds almost like an extension of Save the Waves.

Royal Caribbean and World Wildlife Fund

Partnering to preserve our oceans.

Oceans are more than water – they're home to some of our most

majestic, unique and threatened wildlife. That's why we've teamed

up with one of the world's leading conservation organizations to help

conserve our oceans and protect marine life.

Learn More http://click.royalcaribbeanmarketing.com/?qs=ed18dbc6b25742acb82c23591a66f6a48c1368773d664624df344b3796797622902005f18ea13585

This is an excellent link up for Royal , although I did fully support "Make a Wish" over many years. However what is really funny is that Mrs C and I got a Cameo Roll in this video :D, at least it proves we work occasionally.:eek:

I concur and people can put their money and passion into whatever charity they choose. I, for one, am glad to see RCCL investing in saving wildlife and our oceans. :p

Ocean temperature change and pollution, loss of wildlife habitat, devastated wetlands, etc. are BIG concerns that many people just do not understand well enough to make simple lifestyle changes that will reduce their carbon footprint.

Perhaps Royal wanted to diversify their charitable outreach. I would love to see them support zero population growth but that is a far bigger challenge.

Edited by Bookish Angel

From what we heard from Dennis Charles on Jewel last week the contract with Make A Wish was up and THEY chose not to renew.

Who is "they?" If you mean "Make a Wish," think about it from a logical perspective...

Why in the world would a charity choose to cut off a supply of donations?

Sounds like RCCL is getting negative feedback on this and has instructed its employees to use this argument which makes absolutely no sense.

Who is "they?" If you mean "Make a Wish," think about it from a logical perspective...

Why in the world would a charity choose to cut off a supply of donations?

Sounds like RCCL is getting negative feedback on this and has instructed its employees to use this argument which makes absolutely no sense.

Ain't gonna argue with you dude, just repeating what I heard. OK ?